1.11 coming out, "the exploration update"

1. 7 years ago

hello crafty myners, you may have noticed minecraft V 1.11 were anounced at minecon 2016

- here is a pretty much complete list of the new features

1) curse enchantmen: a normal enchantment that can be applied on gear, what it does is very simple: once you die the cursed gear will vanish, usefull when @qfu will be hunting you down.

2) binding enchantment; opposite of the curse, the binding enchantment will bind your armour back.

3) observer block: allready added in PE, the way it works is simple: every time a block uploads (like melon growth or carrot growth) the observer will send a redstone signal, crafted by putting 6 peaces of stone, two redstone dust and one peace of quartz.

4) more end portals: you'll now have more portals to go through across the islands, they'll get you back where you got started

5) shulker box: shulker will drop a box (their shell)wich can be used to craft a new type of box, kind of a "rack pack" because items in it won't get out once it is broken.

6) added cartograper: the cartographer is a new type of villager, looking similar to the librarian, his tusk is to trade treeasure maps.

7) added treasure maps: used to reach monuments easily and in a funnier way. traded by villagers of spawned in dungeons.

8) added green sinister villager: blast from the past, the green villager is back with his no-sense trades!

9) added deep wood mansions: a huge villa fulled of treasure wich I'm not gonna spoil

10) /locate command: new commands that allows to get to fortless easily by telling you the exact coords, not sure if it is gonna be related to command blocks some way (maybe /locate @p end_fortless... could be?)

11) totem of udying: little totem wich saves life if holden and activated it left hand

12) lamas, yeah, just... fuck yeah.

13) [b]new block can be smelted[/b]

14) shield will parate 100% of enemy attacks but it will waste qucker

15) you now can name tag a villager without using spawn eggs

16) minor bug fixes

let me know what you think about it!

2. Wait for the binding bit, will we have soul bound items that don't drop on death?

3. And is there a video on this?

4. yeah just search it, bind= will rest curse= won't rest

5. @misterkickman Wait for the binding bit, will we have soul bound items that don't drop on death?

That will be super useful when combined with the enchant that doesnt allow you to remove it from your inv. So great for custom maps!

6. I just had a look on the full list and 1.11 is looking great imo can't wait for it :D

7. Shulker Boxes and especially observer blocks are the most game changing things in my book. I'm dying to get my hands on them

8. No need of a world reset?

9. Oh god with the new update we may wipe O-o

10. Can't we just make an annoucment for the wipe, make a list of what we have and tell the admins to then give it back? May take too much time or someone may lie but Ive got no other idea's at the moment

11. Edited 7 years ago by Dannysharks
    5) [i][b]shulker box[/b][/i]: shulker will drop a box (their shell)wich can be used to craft a new type of box, kind of a "rack pack" because items in it won't get out once it is broken.

When this comes out i guess im back end hunting..

12. lol, are we gonna have a world reset or something?

13. @HaloNest lol, are we gonna have a world reset or something?

Doubt it. There's more places to explore but nothing warranting a server wipe.

The biggest thing I see here is the observer block for redstone. Which will be glorious. I've already thought up a few devices needing it.

14. Deleted 7 years ago by ghostassasin81
  15. yeaah @Valgys, I like to play with redstone... the observer things made me so happy!

16. Edited 7 years ago by Grinning_Bobcat

@Valgys and @HaloNest They practically are compact Bud switches. It's mind blowing the amount of things possible, many effecting auto farms and triggering systems. if anything the first thing I do with it is a pumpkin farm :P

17. @HaloNest lol, are we gonna have a world reset or something?

For what? The 0 things that impact the command blocks?

18. lol exact, /locate won't effect the play style in any way

19. Sounds exciting :D Can't wait for it to come out.

20. if crafty and admins want to add the mansions, well, there is a good way to do it: the way is to download and build a randomizer commandblock machine that randomizes the spawn of the mansions.
    i could record and post a full video about it but... we'll see

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!