A Shepard for the trading post

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

This was a great idea, good work community. Keeping the currency away from emmys was good too, so sellers dont have to compete with real currency prices (great prices though, too many seeds and string on server lol)

3. Whats the point of having dye in the game doesn't this take away from 'the vanilla experience' people are always complaining about?
    PS Since I know someones gonna get mad I'm not trying to make people mad just asking a question

4. Edited 7 years ago by Chips_The_Gamer

@Rybye Whats the point of having dye in the game doesn't this take away from 'the vanilla experience' people are always complaining about?
    PS Since I know someones gonna get mad I'm not trying to make people mad just asking a question

First off trading with villagers is vanilla, and the trades are pretty fair.. so it doesn't really take away from that. Some people (like myself) live underground, and not everyone is lucky enough to find a spawner nearby. There's also the same issue for people who have sky bases, or underwater bases. But for those who live above ground, you could make a sheep farm right ? Some people might be lazy, you might be worried about going past the entity limit if you have a large farm, list goes on and on. With this new villager, you can trade stuff you DON'T need or might not need for lots of wool (I think 48 or something). Pretty great imo. Concerning the dye, if you have lots of it you could just sell it.. or *cough* open a dye shop *cough*

5. @Chips_The_Gamer First off trading with villagers is vanilla, and the trades are pretty fair.. so it doesn't really take away from that. Some people (like myself) live underground, and not everyone is lucky enough to find a spawner nearby. There's also the same issue for people who have sky bases, or underwater bases. But for those who live above ground, you could make a sheep farm right ? Some people might be lazy, you might be worried about going past the entity limit if you have a large farm, list goes on and on. With this new villager, you can trade stuff you DON'T need or might not need for lots of wool (I think 48 or something). Pretty great imo. Concerning the dye, if you have lots of it you could just sell it.. or *cough* open a dye shop *cough*

I hate to be an asshole about it but, This litterally just made the skeleton Spawner I just turned into a fucking Sheep Spawner useless, Now i need a Skelly Spawner to get Bones So i can Farm Seeds instead. And Whats the point in having a squid far. Hell there is already a Shepard in game with Pre-existing trades that may seem on the low end, but the way you have it you can turn Seeds (and String) Into the economy, hell The regular Shepard villager on his cheapest trade which is not hard to get takes 16 wool for 1 emerald. Wow the villager at spawn takes 32 seeds and 2 string to make 48 wool(3 emeralds) this is rediculous

6. just got 15 stacks of wool in less then 5 mins.

7. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

the seeds for wool is too broken
    with bonemeal and vanilla villagers you obtain ez emeralds too fast
    seriously its broken plz fix
    seed factorys arent even hard to make

plz nerf seriously the economy is getting rekt with this ez money method

8. Okay so to all those complaining the trades are broken

I'm assuming it's due to the fact that white wool can be traded for emmies and now a large amount can be obtained easily.

There is a simple solution

Instead of trading the seeds and string for white wool then white wool for dyed wool why not just make it a direct trade - seeds and string for dyed wool.

9. @jamlbon Okay so to all those complaining the trades are broken

I'm assuming it's due to the fact that white wool can be traded for emmies and now a large amount can be obtained easily.

There is a simple solution

Instead of trading the seeds and string for white wool then white wool for dyed wool why not just make it a direct trade - seeds and string for dyed wool.

agreed
    seriosly its broken

10. Thats not even a correct anwser either @jamlbon the best action is to take out the seed trade completely, and if you insist on killing off wool farms make the trade 2 emeralds for 16 wool (at the very least). I think the conversion method is perfectly fine but the easily obtainable wool is too much. Ive already farmed 3 double chests of wool since my first post. you might as well put the server on creative.

11. Hell it is a Multiplayer server. Just because you don't wanna set up a wool farm in your base doesn't mean someone else doesn't. People buy and sell thing all the time on here. The Trading with other players system works just fine instead of adding a non survival type aspect to the game.

12. @OmegaSniper4eva Thats not even a correct anwser either @jamlbon the best action is to take out the seed trade completely, and if you insist on killing off wool farms make the trade 2 emeralds for 16 wool (at the very least). I think the conversion method is perfectly fine but the easily obtainable wool is too much. Ive already farmed 3 double chests of wool since my first post. you might as well put the server on creative.

take out the seed one comepletely, make it mutton for wool or something like that

13. @TheForgotten20 take out the seed one comepletely, make it mutton for wool or something like that

Mutton for wool makes sense

14. @Rybye Mutton for wool makes sense

Milk for beef pretty much

15. This villager pretty much eliminates the need for dye, and sheep farms/sheep spawners/sheep eggs

16. Edited 7 years ago by Grinning_Bobcat

@Rybye This villager pretty much eliminates the need for dye, and sheep farms/sheep spawners/sheep eggs

Farming sheep is free, buying it is something else.

Just depends if you CAN farm sheep. E.g. I can't really since I live underground

But someone on the surface with wild sheep near by can.

17. Edited 7 years ago by Rybye

@Grinning_Bobcat Well if yi

Farming sheep is free, buying it is something else.

Just depends if you CAN farm sheep. E.g. I can't really since I live underground

But it's so much easier to get seeds

18. But the biome above doesn't have any sheep above and I don't bother to find some @Rybye

19. Why do you people take it upon yourselves to break and complain and abuse everything we create to try and help you. Every fucking time i give you guys the slightest upperhand, you just cant help but destroy any semblance of good. Fine. Fuck it. im removing the white trade. you want wool, get a dam sheep.

20. Sigh, this is what happems when we get nice things. Its not that difficult to not abuse the system.

And before anyone says it,

• yes i know were on the internet,
    • yes i know were playing with a bunch of children with little to know common sence
    • no, just because you say "i dont wanma be an ass, but" or "im not trying to make anyone mad, but" does not mean you are not being an ass or making someone mad. In fact, that is ecactly what you are doing
  21. Bye

or Sign Up to reply!