Underground dwellers

1. 7 years ago

So I'm somewhat new at being a cave dweller and need some tips on what to expect and what I should do. For example how do you stay undetected while still having a big base? So on and so on.

2. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

JUST... DO IT!

Nothing is impossible!

Yesterday you said tomorrow!

Don't let your dreams be memes!

JUST DO IT!

3. the fact to build underground is a way to protect yourself from grief itself, do not build over your underground base, do not stay too low, people are allways searching for diamonds, so expect some unwanted miners to dig under your base.
    Only build underground if there is a spowner nearby, spawners are like river for ancient tribes, if that gives you the idea.
    building under a ocean prevents you from random players digging straight down from the survace, no one will get to the bottom of an ocean to dig straight down.
    Keep a mundane quantity of entities, people may be checking coords and notice all those entities.

4. Keep your entities well distibuted so people at the surface can't find your base by watching their entities i.e. Suddenly getting an entity spike. Also don't mine at your base. If you need resources, use rtp to find a mining sight. Don't want tunnels leading to yoy base. That's why I can think of

5. @wblaine128 you know my situation inspect it and see for yourself if Im at a high risk

6. I have 2 grinders in my location and entites are hard to keep low

7. @Grinning_Bobcat I have 2 grinders in my location and entites are hard to keep low

If you haven't already, you could have it turn on and off. One of my friends had a grinder that with a flip of a switch, it would turn on some redstone lamps that were surrounding the spawner and monsters wouldn't spawn. Turn off the lights and they'll spawn.

8. @Chips_The_Gamer If you haven't already, you could have it turn on and off. One of my friends had a grinder that with a flip of a switch, it would turn on some redstone lamps that were surrounding the spawner and monsters wouldn't spawn. Turn off the lights and they'll spawn.

I've considered that but the grinder design I have for the main one makes it difficult. The secondary on is far enough away so they don't spawn

9. Or just ignore all rules and have fun!
    If you get raided then you get to start over! :D

10. @Chips_The_Gamer If you haven't already, you could have it turn on and off. One of my friends had a grinder that with a flip of a switch, it would turn on some redstone lamps that were surrounding the spawner and monsters wouldn't spawn. Turn off the lights and they'll spawn.

@Tez1010

11. @_Haxington_ Or just ignore all rules and have fun!

Hax has a good point. Though you should be able to live comfortably I have no problem doi g this even when I know my base is at risk. All of these factors are very small risks in terms of chances of people finding you. Because the set render distance is 5 someone would have to be physically within those exact chunks of you and then be reading their entities constantly.

12. Edited 7 years ago by Chips_The_Gamer

@TheForgotten20 @Tez1010

No it was someone else :P

13. @_Haxington_ Or just ignore all rules and have fun!

Not whe heart and soul go into it ;-;

14. @Grinning_Bobcat So I'm somewhat new at being a cave dweller and need some tips on what to expect and what I should do. For example how do you stay undetected while still having a big base? So on and so on.

expect wood and dirt and sang shortages and difficulty getting areas do do a large build. also expect bleak walls while you just started. also farms are somewhat hard due to space and the planning of space is everything, as often if you mess something out you have to tear it down, give more space then rebuild the whole thing because of unforseen complications

15. @TheForgotten20 expect wood and dirt and sang shortages and difficulty getting areas do do a large build. also expect bleak walls while you just started. also farms are somewhat hard due to space and the planning of space is everything, as often if you mess something out you have to tear it down, give more space then rebuild the whole thing because of unforseen complications

I've managed that well suprisingly. Sand is the one shortage I get and easily resupply it. I have crop farms but my main food supply is porkchops and magic meat now thanks to voting and the rotten flesh trade the butcher has XD 5 rotten flesh for a porkchop is an amazing deal with a zombie grinder

16. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

@Grinning_Bobcat Not when heart and soul go into it ;-;

I get that, but I would rather live freely and have the chance of being raided than always hide and live in fear

17. @_Haxington_ I get that, but I would rather live freely and have the chance of being raided than always hide and live in fear

Well it's devistating when you live somewhere for so long and it gets fucked over. I'm about to just move into the sky next time I have to move

or Sign Up to reply!