I have a Complaint about Venetorum.

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@MrStupendous Really? So if I were to say "Putin reminds me of a monkey?" That is making me a target for kicking? That is socially dishonest. There is no reason with even the most rudimentary logic that would allow such a reaction.

As for my Intellectual Dishonesty, How dare you! Trump is a political figure as of right now. However lets use the Noun part right now. If I say "Trump is the new Snape" that is strictly not political and anyone who says so is a darn fool. Lets break it down....

Trump noun context: Donald Trump
    is: stating a state of being
    the: Following is
    New: saying latest or as or like
    Snape: A character who is part of a children's novel.

OH MY its so political. lets look at the definition of political: of or relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

Does this statement say anything about a government? does it say anything about our public affairs of a country. NO it states a neutral and primarily objective comment. To say "Trump" is strictly political is intellectual dishonesty.

I could see if it said. "Trumps a horrible presidential candidate" or "Trump is a jerk" "Trump sucks ass." whatever they say. Same for Hillary. as for the statement that has caused this I would venture to say it does not break the rules of the server and an official apology should be given to the player.

From the worried mind of a fellow CraftyMyner.

Of course that would earn you a kick, giving your opinion and any negative comparison about a political figure is against our rules for the reasons mentioned above.
    As we have said, that is not allowed in our chat due to the problems it causes.

Sorry you are simply ignoring the actual meaning and the context it was within. It is completely intellectually dishonest to claim that Trump is not a political or controversial figure.
    You are comparing a political figure to what could be considered a negative light, that is what a political statement is.
    As I said we don't allow politics in our chat in any format or controversial topics for that matter which Trump falls under.

Politics is far from just related to the government, you are naive if you believe that it can be reduced to anything so simple. It covers a range of subjects which Trump falls under.
    He is not strictly political but in the vast majority of cases including this one he is, and that is what we are concerned with hence why we do not allow him or Hillary to be mentioned full stop.

You would venture to say but you would be incorrect, since as I have pointed out yet again.
    We do not allow this kind of discussion in the chat full stop, it doesn't matter whether you consider it as political or not. Thats a moot point, warnings were delivered and they were acted upon. In no way can that be considered abuse.

3. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@MrStupendous No, because if we allow this, what else can be controversial? There is no reason to have kicked him. HE DIDN'T Break the rules. IF we are talking about controversial then lets talk about base raiding, and selling coords of a player. Many would say that raiding and selling base coords should not be allowed. You are stealing someones work. Yet we talk about it all the time on the server. The topic of Controversial is about the society and CULTURE. So currently YOU are all BIASED.

Staff have the discretion to determine whether something is sufficiently controversial or not. Its built into the rules and we have the right to modify those at any time to cover something we feel the need to be covered.
    The controversial rule also explicitly applies to chat not the actual gameplay.
    It seems extremely likely that you are trolling when you make accusations that we are biased with no basis.

4. Edited 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

I'm sure Trump's 3 hairs appreciates how someone defends his name on a video game forum.

5. Locked.

or Sign Up to reply!