The furnace room in 1.8.9

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by argonFiles

-image-
    ETA of when it will be fixed? Looks pretty bad rn :/

2. Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

We are aware of the situation however all the Ops are kinda busy Irl atm so it may be another day or 2 before we get to it.

3. It has now been fixed

4. lol, looks like fire spread just straight up failed, all the wool and burnable materials caught fire...

...The furnace burnt down, how ironic.

5. Maybe we should just do away with the command blocks on 1.8.9 and just have it as a waste land? After all most of staff will be busy on 1.9, and it would take a load of those still managing it.

6. its mad max beyond thunderdome style

7. It was AP0C to the rescue! XD me fixa!

8. @sovietsuperman Maybe we should just do away with the command blocks on 1.8.9 and just have it as a waste land? After all most of staff will be busy on 1.9, and it would take a load of those still managing it.

I thought it would be nice if it were put into Adventure mode to preserve it for viewing. I know a few people doing base tours of their old bases now.

9. @everyone

We have to thank CraftyMyner for all his dedicated, non-stopping work to CraftyMynes! because of him we had the great opportunity (and still have to meet new people) for all of us to know each other throughout his server, his creation, his baby.

I don't believe that converting it into a wasteland will be encouraging to tell Crafty, because it started with that one, it will go to the history but to stay.

He will be the only one deciding what is going to happen to it, and as far as we all know, its still up and running for you to go back and keep playing.

The difference between a player and a creator is... (Crafty's words here).

10. Thank you very much APOC!

The 1.8 map has been my baby for the past 1.5 years, I'm 18, that means that it has been with me for 12% of my life. To do something as savage as turn it into a wasteland would hurt me. It's like having a child and right when it gets to the point where you no longer have to deal with its shit, and spend all your time and money on it, you throw it out. For me this server has become my life, I spend most of my waking hours doing at least some for it. Whether it's working on the command blocks, answering posts, programming or just standing by to deal with the next problem that arises, I'm always a piece of the server and it's always a piece of me. It's nice to have 1.8 to look back upon, see where we started and what we have become, keep our origins clear and don't take what we have for granted.

Below are some pictures from the early days of CraftyMynes:

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

11. I love those first two pictures and how I can picture the structures that are in place now really amazing.

12. @CraftyMyner The furnace burnt down, how ironic.

I tried to think of a pun for this, but its hard to think of a pun about furnaces.

13. @CraftyMyner My apologies

14. Thanks for posting this.

or Sign Up to reply!