Where did 1.8.9's community go?

1. 8 years ago

66% of the time it's just me on.

Where'd everyone go?

2. I'm there too but I got shit to do IRL D: And I get on 1.9 bc yolo

3. dude everyone is on the new server

4. I found nothing else to do in 1.8 once I finished my obsidian base. Now that I can face the dragon whenever I want and enter the end city I have more content to play around with. If I was on 1.8 I would be wondering around spawn watching YouTube on my phone. This is just the case because I don't find any interests in PvP so 1.9 just brings a lot of new Pve features and yea ^_^

5. 1.8 is obsolete.

6. shhh mazibno 1.8 has feelings man

7. It's nice to start over. I am rebuilding things that i made mistakes with on 1.8 that i would have never repaired.

8. Edited 8 years ago by FlashFood

It'll be a while before anyone wants to play on there again, and we need to let the staff focus on improving and getting 1.9 where they want. If no one is playing on it though would it be an awful idea to poll the community to shut it down till they have time to manage it again? Then the staff can put all their forcus on 1.9, and bring some of the new optimizations to 1.8 when 1.9 gets fixed up.

I think there will be a point when people will be "bored" with 1.9, and having the 1.8 server still open has a great opportunity in it for new players that refuse to play 1.9 to join. I'm one of the people that like the fresh start, but I'd rather keep the 1.8 server around if possible for variety's sake.

9. tsu

9 Mar 2016 Suspended

Where did the pvp community go?

10. I liked fighting in 1.8, but I don't like the amount of time it takes in 1.9. I saw you say 6+ minutes in any fight you've had, whereas in 1.8 matches would never take more than 5. I love the nursing and timing that the 1.9 system has, it needs tweaking to have the same thrill as 1.8 for me.

11. *Reads Thread Title*

12. tsu

9 Mar 2016 Suspended

Yeah 1.9 it takes like 6+ minutes in a prot 4 fight... Most the time nobody I'll even die because of the health regen

13. got to go where the community is if you don't want to play with ppl play single player

or Sign Up to reply!