POLL: Should Two-Way shops be a standard on CraftyMynes?

1. 7 years ago

PLEASE input your answer for the most valid results.

A two-way shop would allow a normal customer to sell unwanted or un-needed products that the shopkeeper sells. For example, say I sell 32 lapis for 1 iron ingot. A person that would normally buy that lapis could sell me 32 lapis and I would pay them 1 iron ingot.

The pros of this would be that shops can restock their product a lot faster, and more resources can be put to better use. The cons could potentially be that consumers sell so much to teh shopkeeper that the shopkeeper wouldn't be able to sell all the product.

VOTE HERE: http://www.strawpoll.me/12064615

2. I don't understand how this is different to the current system.
    Also surely more stock would often be a bad thing for shops that want currency Diamonds etc not stock they can't usem

3. Unless they buy the item at a cheaper price then they are selling this is just a complete waste of time

4. People will set up shops the way that benefits them. A poll isn't going to change this.

5. The economy and shops are controlled by the players, setting a "standard" isn't going to change how the shops work. I have a huge amount of Ender pearls, so I sell them ridiculously cheap, 54 stacks for 2 daimonds is the price I would sell for. The two way exchange for a person without ender pearls and access to a grinder would be ridiculously expensive for said player, so consumers selling my product to me is out of the question. Also, if I run out of Ender pearls due to massive buying, an hour or so at the end grinder will change that.

Also, just a question:

What is the point of making a two-way exchange? For me, I'm selling something I DONT want (epearls) for something I DO want (daimonds). I don't want what I sold given back to me, at least not for the same price I sold it for.

6. I was intending it more for non-mob drops. Not so much easily grind-able things, though.

7. So like the shops in Pokemon games?

8. Yeah!

9. Edited 7 years ago by ardoasms

if you want to sell stuff, why not make your own shop rather than trying to sell stock to the store? Unless a shop specifically hires you to help stock its safe to assume that the shop owner is ready and willing to keep stock at approprite levels on their own

or Sign Up to reply!