Can't open MC

1. 7 years ago

Yesterday everything was working fine, but now when I try to open it nothing happens. Is anyone else having the same issue?

2. Alot of people have been having issues after the launcher update recently , many which are different .
    Also try running as administrator just to see if that helps some issues it does and some it doesn't , guessing you are not getting any sort of error hm , have you checked task manager to see if it is actually running in the background ? any antivirus or firewall possibly blocking it from opening ?

3. Try updating Java if you haven't. It had an update recently.

4. I've tried all of that, but none worked. It was running in the background, but after closing it from there and trying to open it again it just did the same thing again.

5. The launcher doesn't open at all? Or is it just the game that won't open? If the launcher won't open, make sure Java SE Binary isn't running in your task manager. I guess you did that already though. Seems like this happened to me before. I think I tried reinstalling Java first. Also remember something about deleting certain files in your Minecraft directory and letting the launcher rebuild them. But I wouldn't know what files those were any more.

6. I'll just wait until there's some sort of update that fixes it or until I find out how to fix it by myself.

7. Edited 7 years ago by Andureil

Actually nevermind, I tried to open it one more time and it actually opened for some reason. I'm so confused now.

EDIT: Apparently Java wasn't allowing MC to open, but for some reason now it did.

or Sign Up to reply!