Severe lag issues

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Spudlord64

When i last logged in to the server i was experiencing some mild lag, so i teleported to spawn and ran around a bit, hoping it would clear up, when it didn't, i relogged and expected it to be fixed, instead i now can't move at all (Whenever i do it is like i am force teleported back to the spawn block) i have tested on other servers and have had issues on them as well, leading me to believe that this is something on my side and not the server. I have tried logging in with and without optifine but i'm still having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. I've don't think anyone else is having this issue, so it may be a networking problem with the connection between you and server/datacenter the server is hosted in.
    The packets you are sending could be taking the long route round or there could be substantial packet loss on the route taken.
    As for fixing it, Crafty may be able to help you depending on the issue and what it's causes are.

3. Try sitting closer to your router and not have too much software open at once, if your playing on a windows version before windows 7, upgrade to either windows 7 or 10, Im not a mac user, so I dont know about mac, but it should be similar: upgrade to a more recent version. make sure your PC isnt overheated and if your computer is over 3 years old, buy a new one.

4. @Retrochewy Try sitting closer to your router and not have too much software open at once, if your playing on a windows version before windows 7, upgrade to either windows 7 or 10, Im not a mac user, so I dont know about mac, but it should be similar: upgrade to a more recent version. make sure your PC isnt overheated and if your computer is over 3 years old, buy a new one.

It has nothing to do with the computer
    I had a similar issue in the past
    It is caused by slow internet connections
    The only solution is to wait until it stops or get faster internet

5. I had a problem very similar for a while. I could barely move especially in spawn. It was sorted when I reset the house router.

6. Thanks for the help everyone, i think resetting my router will be the best solution.

or Sign Up to reply!