Mobs spawing in floor

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by javonjw

I was wondering why do mobs spawn in the floor not half slabs or anything in well lit up areas. I have had this happen many times there heads sticking out of ground and its not just one mob its usual about 10 that pop out of no where at the same time.
    a few times they spawned right in the area with my librarians that are lit up very well I pushed a iron golem in that space because it has been so bad

2. Edited 7 years ago by NutjobBob

Three quick questions, are they all zombies? Are your librarians in or near a village (either generated or player-made)? And is your floor made of non-opaque blocks (slabs, glass, glowstone, farmland etc)?

3. one more quick question any screenshots? :)

4. @NutjobBob Three quick questions, are they all zombies? Are your librarians in or near a village (either generated or player-made)? And is your floor made of non-opaque blocks (slabs, glass, glowstone, farmland etc)?

zombies
    regular cobble
    not near a village but i have like 15 villigers
    built under a desert
    they are spawing in the floor with heads sticking out i checked to see if any space is below it and no its not also the base is at level 9 close to bedrock

5. @thegoldsmith one more quick question any screenshots? :)

i didn't think to screen shot i was to busy protecting my villager's oh and yes they are in a player made village sorry , its weird because u know how the villagers at spawn are setup and trapped in that small space the zombies spawn right in that space with the villager sometimes

6. @javonjw i didn't think to screen shot i was to busy protecting my villager's oh and yes they are in a player made village sorry , its weird because u know how the villagers at spawn are setup and trapped in that small space the zombies spawn right in that space with the villager sometimes

aw if it happens again please take a screenshot

7. @thegoldsmith aw if it happens again please take a screenshot

cool i will i hope not they turned 2 of my librarians the last time it happened

8. @javonjw not near a village but i have like 15 villigers

Do you have any wooden doors nearby that the villagers might see as a village?

I suspect it's this bug , especially since they're all zombies. In which case the easiest fix would be to remove any wooden doors nearby that might be making a village (assuming there are any). Alternatively try swapping your floor for slabs with a block space under them.

If it is this bug the spawns should be quite rare since zombie sieges only have a 10% chance to happen around midnight if a player is nearby.

9. @NutjobBob Do you have any wooden doors nearby that the villagers might see as a village?

I suspect it's this bug , especially since they're all zombies. In which case the easiest fix would be to remove any wooden doors nearby that might be making a village (assuming there are any). Alternatively try swapping your floor for slabs with a block space under them.

If it is this bug the spawns should be quite rare since zombie sieges only have a 10% chance to happen around midnight if a player is nearby.

i need the doors to breed lol i wont be removing doors

10. If you reduce the number of doors to less than 10 zombie sieges can't occur. You can make a villager breeder with only 6 doors so that shouldn't be a problem.

By the way a villager breeder is counted as a village by the game.

11. Edited 7 years ago by CreeperLord170

Not a bug at all, it's a part of the game. Click here

12. @CreeperLord170 did you actually bother to read the bug report?

13. Right, missed that "in"

14. @CreeperLord170 Not a bug at all, it's a part of the game. Click here

I think that is what it is a Zombie siege i just don't get how they spawn in the floors

15. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  16. @JKELLER4000 if you look at the picture of the mob spawning for a village siege.

it shows mobs in the stairs!

I tried reading through it to find why this might occur.

the only thing i can see. is the

"Only the minimal spawning conditions are checked:"

so it may miss that the mobs need to be spawned with enough room. and spawn them in places with only one height.

however. i know if i warp. sometimes i get stuck in the block below me. so maybe there was an error, when you logged out or logged in that caused the mobs to be in the block below themselves. similar to when i warp sometimes.

so do you rememebr if you warped into your village before you saw the zombies stuck?

2 times i did but one time i was in one room grindind and i keep the closed caption on and saw villager hurting went to other room zombies were everywhere and in the floor , but who is to say i didn't warp the 3rd time and just forgot i did lol this has happened like 3 times now though

17. @JKELLER4000 it shows mobs in the stairs!
    I tried reading through it to find why this might occur.

@NutjobBob it's this bug

Seems like no-one actually read anything I posted...

To spell it out:

@JKELLER4000 so it may miss that the mobs need to be spawned with enough room. and spawn them in places with only one height.

This is kind of right - the spawning for sieges doesn't do all the normal spawning checks and can lead to zombies spawning inside some blocks. That's all there is to it.

@JKELLER4000 i know if i warp. sometimes i get stuck in the block below me. so maybe there was an error, when you logged out or logged in that caused the mobs to be in the block below themselves. similar to when i warp sometimes.

This is a totally unrelated thing which I think is caused by a desync between the server and your computer.

As I said above, the fix is simple. Have less than 10 doors in your villager breeder and a zombie siege can't happen.

18. I have zombies that spawn regularly in a large room, totally covered in either glass blocks or sea lanterns. So the spawning of mobs in areas that defy typical spawn rules certainly happen here on CM.

or Sign Up to reply!