1. 6 years ago

we should be able to change our forum profile picture to something other than our minecraft skin

2. I think overall that may be a bad idea due to trolls using inappropriate images as their profile pictures. Unless there was a verification process that staff had to approve to weed out trolls, which is a lot of extra work, I doubt it would happen.

3. It's a minecraft forum I don't see any real reason to allow different avatars.

4. @Cellexya I think overall that may be a bad idea due to trolls using inappropriate images as their profile pictures. Unless there was a verification process that staff had to approve to weed out trolls, which is a lot of extra work, I doubt it would happen.

This isn't really a valid point, there are hundereds if not thousands of minecraft forums, active or not that allow custom profile pictures. Handling forum trolls will be no different then any other rulebreaker.

5. @Constantium And most of those servers have many more staff than CraftyMynes does, just seems a lot out of their way for a silly picture.

6. @Cellexya @Constantium And most of those servers have many more staff than CraftyMynes does, just seems a lot out of their way for a silly picture.

We have enough active staff members at least in my opinion to delete/warn others if their profile picture is not appropriate.

7. As R4iscool1 said, its a Minecraft forum specifically for the Craftymynes server. Not sure what the purpose of having a different profile pic would be. You play on the server with that face, so we like to see it on the forum too. Anything else would seem irrelevant no?

8. With the way the forum is set up, (no hosted images) it takes very little bandwidth to host. Having to store all players pictures as well would require a lot more storage and bandwidth. You should be using your face and your name while using the forum, it allows us to put a face and name to players.

9. Also, unlike posts that show up and notify staff, changing your picture doesn't.

or Sign Up to reply!