Brainstorm for Building Competition!

1. 11 months ago

Well I've decided the next event will be a building competition! However I need some help fleshing out the details. I have about 40 diamond blocks to spare for the competition and I can offer VIP and VIP+. All I need is a theme and an acceptable time limit for the comp. All ideas are welcome!

2. Edited 11 months ago by Cileklim

1) Theme: Hammock Day (22 June)
    Participants will build a building that looks relaxing and comfortable, like a resort, or a shack near a seashore etc. or even a fair!
    The only rule is that it should include one or multiple hammocks

Time: It will start at 22 June at a specific hour and each participant will be given exactly 60 minutes to complete their builds.

2) Theme: Vegetation
    Participants will build a building that must include plenty of plants and vegetation inside or outside (or both).
    Vegatation can be presented in any style or way, such as a casual garden, or a greenhouse, or a forest that runs over the house etc.

Time: It will be done on a specific day and each participant will be given exactly 2 hours to finish.

3) Theme: Two Worlds Collide
    As you can understand from the title, participants will build a building using materials from two different worlds such as Overworld/Nether or Nether/End or however they want.

Time: It will be done on a specific day and each participant will be given a hour to finish.

3. Hello,

I'd like to suggest a space limit of 16x16x16 (1 chunk with 16 height limit)
    with a theme that's more open to interpretation like "craftymynes."
    I think setting a deadline (I think 1 week's good) for submission is easier to participate
    than giving specific amount of time to make a build from start to finish.
    You can grade the submissions based on orginality, aesthetics, and theme suitability.

thanks for reading!

4. Freestyle build completion, within specific limitations, that might be a good idea.

5. 10 months ago

How did the competition go? Was it implemented?

6. Edited 10 months ago by DoppyRex

Could we do another on something like this that the build has to be underground . So maybe like dwarf or something similar

or Sign Up to reply!