Woodland Mansion

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by LordPanfer

I just travelled for over 3 hours (real time) across the map using a woodland explorer map. When I got to the location nothing was there. Not like it had been griefed, just nothing, it looked like a normal forest area.

This is the first one I have tried to find so don't know if it has happened to anyone else but I was a bit sad given I have never found one before and the time it took to try and find it.

Is it a common problem?

If I brought another map could admin tp me to it?

LP

2. This is why totems of undying are so valuable now. I think it is because of the partial reset.

3. Edited 6 years ago by LordPanfer

Excuse my ignorance but how would a totem of helped me here?

Update, just brought another map and it gave me the same location, so I have wasted 20 more emeralds on nothing :@

4. @LordPanfer Excuse my ignorance but how would a totem of helped me here?

Update, just brought another map and it gave me the same location, so I have wasted 20 more emeralds on nothing :@

Totems would not have helped you unless you were going to die, totems of undying come from evokers which only spawn in woodland mansions which cannot usually be found on this server. The same thing happened to me.

5. Woodland maps don't work anymore after the partial reset. Also, a cartographer generates a map with the closest unvisited woodland mansion initially when you unlock it. It won't generate a new map when you buy another one. You need to trade with a different cartographer to get a different map.

6. Ah ok cheers. I've been robbed :P

7. You're not the only one, it happened to me too

8. I was thinking about your dilema. I have a solution. Build the mansion yourself except setup traps and collect the drops from those that dare try, lol

9. This is being caused by this bug .

As I understand it the game stores mansion details in a .dat file separate to where chunks and the rest of the terrain are stored. Resetting a chunk with a mansion in without deleting the data on that mansion in the mansion.dat file causes the mansion not to generate again. When the chunk does get generated again the game finds the mansion data in mansion.dat and thinks it's already been generated so it doesn't do it again. Which leave us with no mansion.
    Apparently is also the cause of mansions sometimes only partly spawning of being cut in half.

@CraftyMyner Seems like you can fix this by resetting the mansion chunks again and deleting the mansions in reset chunks from the mansion.dat file.

This is presumably going to cause other structures such as ocean monuments and villages to fail to generate too. I seem to remember a post about a missing monument and one about a missing village. I assume these could be fixed in a similar way.

or Sign Up to reply!