1. 6 years ago

Heya guys- I have a question for anyone who knows a thing or two about laptops; A few hours ago a random small grayish line popped up in the middle of my screen- it's less than an inch and I know for a fact I haven't broke the screen.

I was wondering if someone could help me please?

2. Edited 6 years ago by The3xpertGamer

Have you tried restarting it?

3. Yea, It doesn't seem to be working though

4. If you still have the warranty for the laptop I would send it back for repair, an LCD strip inside your laptop is broken and you just have to repair it. If not and you have an extra monitor you could just hook up your laptop to a monitor and just ignore it :D

5. Edited 6 years ago by JuraraJupiter

Either hook up an external monitor and be done with it or open it up and try to reseat the connector (not likely to help but good to try anyway), see if you can jiggle the cable and make it go away and if so, see if you can replace the cable. If not, you'll have to replace the screen. If you are uncomfortable doing this, take it to a shop. Keyboards and screens are common points of failure on laptops and they should be able to fix it quite easily at low cost (depending on the age of the laptop etc).

or Sign Up to reply!