Post a Reply

1.13 News / Discussion

1. 6 years ago

From the wiki page, the new Phantom mob spawns after 3 days of no sleep 20-34 blocks above the player's head. But only if you are in the overworld, it's night, you are above sea level, and there is no light blocking block above your head(must be air/glass/etc). The mob spawns in packs of 1-4, and it does not respect the mob cap as they spawn.

So if you like living in the end/nether/deep underground, you're safe. Overworld/above ground players will have to hide till day or use a bed.

I do think the best solution, if possible, is to implement someway for the tp home function to count as sleeping. But even still, they might still become a problem for people that don't use the commands or sleep at all.

2. @Dennari43 From the wiki page, the new Phantom mob spawns after 3 days of no sleep 20-34 blocks above the player's head. But only if you are in the overworld, it's night, you are above sea level, and there is no light blocking block above your head(must be air/glass/etc). The mob spawns in packs of 1-4, and it does not respect the mob cap as they spawn.

So if you like living in the end/nether/deep underground, you're safe. Overworld/above ground players will have to hide till day or use a bed.

I do think the best solution, if possible, is to implement someway for the tp home function to count as sleeping. But even still, they might still become a problem for people that don't use the commands or sleep at all.

There are a few solutions.

1: We just completely disallow them from spawning.

2: Your solution. Which is possible, as I believe insomnia will be a scoreboard event. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3: My idea. Completely remove the sethome command, And make beds function as the only sethome.
    This will allow for the go home command to stay, but also allow for the phantoms to act how they are meant to.