Rule exception

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by AlwaysDrunkPunk

Greetings everyone,
    I am DrunkPunk, leader of the Strangers Company and mayor of the town of Loxodon for which citizens I speak.
    Today we hit the 20 people mark, so we may be one of the biggest or even the biggest sub-community on this map, which is really nice. But we have problems with staying under the 100 entity mark since everybody brings their own dogs, animals, armor stands etc, and it's almost impossible to tell everybody to reduce their own entitys. Also i cant just run arround and destroy people's stuff and kill their animals. We started some projects, for example moving the farms to other chunks etc but it's still to high.
    So let me help you to view the situation from another perspective. Imagine all those people would live alone and would all stay a little bit under the 100 mark, would't that be much worse? The total ammount of loaded chunks and entitys would be way higher than it is now. We are sharing our 100 entity limit with 20 other people.
    What I want to ask is if you can make an exception for our town, like rising the limit a little bit for us,
    We would still try to keep it as low as possible ;)
    (btw please note that i am not a native english speaker, so that may explain some weird grammar & spelling mistakes^^)
    Thx for reading ;)
    DrunkPunk

2. I don't think it will be a huge issue as it is really hard to keep entities down in 1.9, do remember that one of the biggest contributors to our lag issue is the entities.

3. may I take that as a yes?

4. Yes but keep it under control, just because you have 20 players in one place doesn't mean you can have a 2000 entity chicken farm.

5. 7 years ago

Hey, sorry for reviving this thread, it's so old it literally has a beard but basically we have the same situation in our current town, our playbase has doubled in number tho. We were trying our best keeping the entitys down but we still have a problem getting under 100.

or Sign Up to reply!