1. 3 years ago

I had a small house on a small swamp island last map, so I landscaped the hell out of it.

-image-

-image-

My animals and crops were all in a small backyard so I made the rest of the island look like a flower garden and a leasure spot. Beds of sunflowers and roses, wheelbarrows, grills and picknick spots. I made bootleg willow trees by growing regular oaks, then modifying the trunks and bringing the leaves down to make them look droopy.

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

On the side of the island I made my own private little beach. It was regularly invaded by huge slimes but made a good fishing spot all the same. Im weirdly proud of the little streams I made to one side with the sugarcane. Its meant to look like wild reeds.

-image-

-image-

There was some extra space around the back of the island so I turned it into a berry bush thicket. It was kind of nice to imagine myself going back there with a basket every now and then to pick berries. Too bad minecraft dosent have jam.

-image-

-image-

Round the other side of the island was a connecting path that lead to a flower patch behind the backyard. It also leads to a small wine cave.

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

In contrast to the garden, the house and yard are much less detailed and more functional. I still tried to keep it cozy looking and make the space look good though.

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

My favorite part of the house was the small greenhouse area between the smithy and the garden. I guess I just like being sourunded by plants, lol.

-image-

-image-

A final note about the rock formations around the island. They were the first thing I put down and I think they make the rest of the area work by providing a natural looking divide to certain parts of the island. Il miss the place.

2. Berries + Sugar + Bottle should equal to Jam (Mojang needs to do this lol)!

Lovely little home there :D

or Sign Up to reply!