Optifine Question

1. 3 years ago

Hey Myners,

I just started using Optifine and am looking for some input. For anyone who uses it, are there certain Performance settings which in your experience help chunks load faster when exploring/Elytra flying? I turned on several of the "Performance" settings in the menu, (Fast Render, Fast Math, Dynamic Updates, etc.), and while my FPS has increased substantially, it seems like chunks are popping in slower than normal if I am flying and generating new chunks. Could just be the server and there's nothing that can be done, but just wasn't sure. Basically, does anyone know what the optimal settings would be in this situation? In case it matters, I have mostly just been playing on my laptop so nothing fancy in terms of my hardware. Thanks.

2. Use sodium, client side chunk rendering preparation is blazing fast compared to stinky Optifine.

3. Damn, looks like it's not compatible with Forge so I'd have to sacrifice the Batty's Coords Plus mod.

4. @Cbac_ Damn, looks like it's not compatible with Forge so I'd have to sacrifice the Batty's Coords Plus mod.

you could find a better mod for fabric anyways. fabric is the future

or Sign Up to reply!