Device Driver Help?

1. 6 years ago

So if anyone cares or even vaguely remembers me, I haven't been on in a while. Any who, I'm having some issues with installing the up to date device drivers for my new pc build. I don't have internet access and the other device I use to download files onto a USB and transfer isn't helping. Having issues. If you could help that'd be great.

2. Which drivers, in particular, aren't working?

3. So the only one I need atm are the ones for the internet. Because if I have those running I can just update the rest while online.

4. Edited 6 years ago by pand1024

You need to include details or we can't help you. There are dozens and dozens of useful details. You didn't include any of them xP

Here a just a few examples:

Details that establish that your problem isn't upstream:
    Other devices on the same network have internet access.
    Using the same Ethernet cable etc. on another computer works.
    Etc. Etc.

Hardware specs. Is it a laptop or desktop. What mobo? How is it connected to the internet? Etc.

Software/OS Details. Window? Linux? Mac? What version, build, servicepack, etc.

Screenshots or other translation of all the technical goop. For instance what does it look like in device manager, various networking dialogs, etc. etc. ("the ones for the internet" is not specific enough)

5. Also have you tried turning it off and back on again?

6. We need the questions from pand answered, If those are answered the answer to your question will be simple to answer. If there is not an proprietary driver you may want to try an open-source driver made from others on (usually) github.

7. Also, try using ethernet until you can figure out the issues.

8. Have you installed the ethernet drivers for your specific motherboard? For example: Maybe the ones that come on the CD that is provided with the motherboard? If your motherboard is with MSI, for example, you can get the drivers online on their support page as long as you look up the specific motherboard model.

or Sign Up to reply!