JSN_'s Ban Appeal

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by JSN_

In Game Name: JSN_

Reason for your ban: Usage of a minimap

Why should you be unbanned:
    I understand that the use of mods that give an unfair advantage is a bannable offense and I completely regret what I was doing. I was to stupid to change my configuration when I joined CraftyMynes because at this time i had just recently gotten the mod and finally knew how to install/work it and such. I was going to use this minimap for a separate server as for that server allows it (people from Team Eye can confirm this although some of aren't that trustworthy). I am relatively new to mods and although that is no excuse, being the knucklehead I am I forgot to take the precautions of using different mods on different servers. I didn't even realize that the minimap was open during my time in CraftyMynes until someone asked me what minimap I was using.

[09:53:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7JSN_§r> idk
    [09:53:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Argail§r> minimaps are allowed?
    [09:53:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7JSN_§r> o shit
    [09:53:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> no
    [09:53:44] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7JSN_§r> i forgot
    [09:53:44] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Argail§r> lmao
    [09:53:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] DjDannyD7 drowned
    [09:53:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Argail§r> reported
    [09:53:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7JSN_§r> lemme turn it off brb

It was actually at that point I knew I fucked up and realized the minimaps are strictly prohibited on the server. Before you say that I joined many times before I was banned I actually forgot about minimaps and how they were banned on the server, I know I read up a post about it on the forums a while back and its mentioned every now and then but I just didn't take in the fact that I even had the minimap open and it was giving me a completely unfair advantage over navigation.

It was at this time that I had asked for the links to the mod and mod installer so I could use the minimap on a separate server so I didn't have that much time to use it. https://prnt.sc/g616h4 and I didn't really bother with it for a while until the date listed in this picture when I finally got it working in the right folder https://prnt.sc/g618ns that was the time when I was finally rested up and etc from returned to Canada (some staff can also confirm I was in China for about 10 days). I know 2 days may seem like a lot of time for someone not to really notice what they have done when joining a server but I shit you not while you staff member probably have heard this many times, I just never noticed it. I never intended on harming others or giving myself an unfair advantage I might've been blind or high or something else but I truly didn't notice the minimap and the advantages it would have given me if I were to use it. I deeply apologize for using the minimap in game and I have realized what it has gotten myself into. In the future I will remember to use optifine as my only modification on this server.

2. Hey JSN_, while I truly believe what happened and there is all the evidence to prove it, I just can't pardon your account.

I know you have been playing here for a long time and I know you know the rules. Using a minimap is against the rules and warrants a perma ban. If I were to unban you, that would set a precedent for all past and future bans. I would have to unban all the players that said they "accidentally had their fly on" or "their brother installed hacks". I love you as a player and I really want to let you back on but I'm afraid that the backlash would be huge. Any player in the past that had said they did it by accident would come to me asking why you got unbanned but they didn't. As well as anyone who gets banned after this would also use the excuse that it's unfair and that I'm being selective with the rules.

Rules are rules and that's what keeps the server free from hackers. All players must be submitted to the same punishment no matter how sorry or high ranking they are.

Your "JSN_" account will remain banned.

- Crafty

or Sign Up to reply!