Honder's Ban Appeal

1. 6 years ago

Honder

6 Dec 2017 Suspended
    Edited 6 years ago by Honder

In Game Name: Honder

Reason for your ban: Not Listening to Staff

Why should you be unbanned:

TO START - PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE ADMIN REVIEWING MY CASE IS NOT AP0C- HE PLAYED A MAJOR ROLE IN THE BANNING PROCESS, AND WOULD ONLY GIVE A BIASED REVIEW. THANK YOU

Two days ago, a staff member told me to stop typing in caps,

here's the logs from that conversation:

[11:16:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> WTB 500 rails
    <Jibber Jabber>
    [11:25:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> WTB gold and iron in MASSIVE quantities

[11:25:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <russiangirl504> wtb?
    <Asking a question about what wanting to buy means>
    [11:25:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> WANTING TO BUY powered rails
    <Emphasizing the definition of what wanting to buy means, so i can get someone to sell me the materials>

[11:25:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Dennari43§r> watch the caps pls

[11:25:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> i was emphasizing something based on a question

[11:25:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Dennari43§r> don't care

[11:26:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] russiangirl504 whispers to you: how much iron and gold
    <As you can see, my emphasis led to a response from the person who asked the question, a business transaction happened because I used caps.

[11:26:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> i don't care if you dojn't care man. i was explaining something to another player

<Jibber Jabber, Jibber Jabber>

[11:26:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Dennari43§r> no, you listen to staff, or else you get kicked

[11:26:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> watch your tone my friend.

[11:26:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <AP0C4L1P53> staff is there to help, please refrain from doing it again

[11:26:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> ? are you serious right now?

[11:27:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> if your staff is out of line, i'm going to call them on it, period.
    [11:27:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> i'm an ideal player,i don't curse in chat, i don't spam, and i've donated, if you kick me you're hurting the server, and crafty wouldn't like that at all

[11:28:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Cileklim§r> i must admit that the "don't care" part was unnecessary

[11:28:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Dennari43§r> lol

[11:28:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> just dont do that caps thing again

[11:28:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to §4AP0C4L1P53§r: look, i'm not going to repeat myself

[11:29:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to §4AP0C4L1P53§r: i wasn't out of line, he was.

[11:29:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §4AP0C4L1P53§r whispers to you: im talking to Dennari43
    [11:29:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §4AP0C4L1P53§r whispers to you: ill handle it ,just dont put logs on the fire
    [11:29:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You whisper to §4AP0C4L1P53§r: yeah i want to file a report against him, where do i go for that?

[11:30:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §4AP0C4L1P53§r whispers to you: im handling it already

[11:30:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §4AP0C4L1P53§r whispers to you: report when there are no admins

As you can see, players and Admins alike admitted that the Helper was out of line in this situation, as Ap0c was handling the report that I filed; shortly after, an "apology" was given to me by the helper!

Yay right?

wrong....

lets first discus what a fake-apology consists of:

Please watch that video, the professor is a PhD-graduate student in human behavior, and highlights the flaws of reasoning behind fake apologies. Now that I've gone over what a fake apology is, let's go into the apology that was given to me by the Helper in Question.

[11:30:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§6Dennari43§r> i do apologize for the don't care thing, but still it is against the rules to use excessive caps, oblivious to your reason

[11:31:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Honder§r> excesive: "more than necessary, above moderate"
    [11:31:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Honder§r> an explaination to another player doesn't qualify excesive, especially in trading situations where clarity is key
    [11:32:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Honder§r> also, your apology isn't accepted, since i believed it to be unsincere, and quite "excesive"

[11:32:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> honder
    [11:32:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> he said sorry

[11:33:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Honder§r> man if you wanna talk about this meet me in the discord, i'm done twitter typing

staff had instructed me to stop typing, I was obliging to this request through this last message, until an Admin went far out of line:

[11:33:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> i said stop
    [11:34:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> knock it off honder. he apologized in front of every1 for you, he meant it and thats a good apology justifying his actions
    [11:34:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> good enough for me

<I had said NOTHING between these messages, I want that to be clear>

[11:34:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> i dont fkn care if you donated
    [11:34:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> its a donation
    [11:34:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> not forced

[11:34:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> watch your mouth with me please
    [11:34:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2Honder§r> if you are going to curse at me, do it in a PM

I offered the admin to express his anger with me in a private message, and he continued, even going as far as to insult a deceased family member of mines (he had no awareness of the passing)

[11:34:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4AP0C4L1P53§r> wanna leave? go cry to you mama about not wanting to type

The argument didn't end in the chat, however, as it poured over into the discord of craftymynes, that conversation went similar to chat, except Ap0c INSISTED on repeated interruptions of me while I spoke, signaling that he was not interested in listening to what I had to say, didn't I get banned for "not listening"?

The staff member was blunt, inconsiderate, rude, and offer excuses for his actions, and made the donation I gave to the server feel insignificant, when you treat ANY human being like this, you're not going to get an ideal resopnse.

I am not a Dog.

I am not a piece of garbage.

I will NOT be put down by someone abusing their power in order to receive a submissive response.

TO CONCLUDE:

• I believe that the punishment grossly outweighed the crime in this situation, the ONLY thing that I did wrong in this exchange was continue to go on with the Helper’s comments after he gave his fake apology, I should have accepted he wouldn’t be sincere about it, and moved on, for that, I am Sorry.
    • Craftymynes is a great server, and I am willing to overlook this incident as minor growing pain, as common in any relationship that is built over time.
    • The last three months spent on this server have been nothing short of exceptional, and I look forward to building (pun-intended) with the reputation that I have here.
  2. Please use the correct template.
    Also please note if you can't see what you did was wrong then it's unlikely we will feel that you will obey the rules when we pardon you.

3. Edited 6 years ago by AP0C4L1P53

@Honder

I was the Admin you banned you,
    In our little chat over discord I remember clearly saying to forget this ever happened for whatever reason, that being said I would've forgotten about you breaking the rules multiple times (not listening to staff) when I told you in multiple occasions, or if you wanted we could escalate this to the admins. To my surprise (unfortunately for you) you said to bring it up with them, that means we had to take into consideration you broke the rules as stated above.

After a review with all the admins, we agree you broke the rules and Your ban will last 7 days starting the moment you appealed.

You are welcomed to come back whenever u want after that & remember to follow the rules.
    If not, we thank you for choosing CraftyMynes! as your favorite server to play during your stay here & farewell.

PS: BTW I let you speak at the beginning of our conversation on Discord for a long time, I didnt interrupt you as when you finished I asked you clearly: Ok, Are you finish? then i started to speak, you left angry and clearly u dont have any patience whatsoever. I dont have to mention the times u shut me up. This is a game, and a game will stay.

4. Increased to Perma after discord behaviour.

Have fun elsewhere.

5. Agreed. Thanks R4

or Sign Up to reply!