When a new player joins for the first time..

1. 8 years ago

..they don't know anything about the server! everyone else knows so much about each other, has friends and enemies, and items, and they're standing outside of all that waiting to join in..

pls help new players

2. True that, I try to setup the command blocks with messages like "Welcome to CraftyMynes" and "Thanks for voting", but that only goes so far. Making players feel welcome is the best way to expand the community.

3. I believe everybody deserves a warm welcome and staff is pretty good at giving that. But after new players receive their welcoming and have accepted the rules it should be their responsibility to get to know the rules, community, and other aspects of the server. I came here knowing no one and nothing. Now I have some of the best base mates in history, a functioning faction, and a heaping list of enemies. I don't think it's something to be too worried about. If people want to socialize and get more involved with people, they will. And if they don't want that, they'll be off on their own.

4. Update your enemies list :L

5. Will do, I need to get the old lists from the old forums but I can't

6. I'm trying to be as helpful as I possibly can :L

7. 7 years ago

Went back looking at old forum posts and was glad to see this was a priority back then and now as well. I also just realized that I used to play on craftymynes before, i stopped playing and then forgot but the same amazing server brought me back xD <3

8. I'm not as extrovert as I used to be on internet, to talk to strange people, but I give free iron armor, emeralds and enchanted swords to new players every week.

As I have already advanced in game, I'm not in condition of 'lets go mining' or 'lets make a base for you'.
    I feel like every new player looking for a team, is an alt account of any of you.

9. I just realized the guy has bumped an old thread and so did I.

-image-

10. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

i try to give new players who ask for help epearls, farming stuff and a passage to the nether roof along with some food and advice. it rlly helps them especially with how ez it is to get enderpearls. in half an hour the otherday i distributed ofer 45 stacks of epearls by dropping them off at sawn, it didnt cause lag cuz i announced the drop and many layers came to pick em up. i also try to drop it near new players so they get a little richer and have something to trade for other stuff such as food or seeds

of coourse i dont have supplies to get to roof by myself so i always ask raven for some help, and somehow raven always gets to roof so easily!(share me the secet when i get unbanned in a few hours plz)

btw special mention to _underscre_ or something like that for giving me a free diamond sword when my sword broke at the end farm! i belive these simple donations can help new players so much.

11. [deleted]

10 Jul 2016
    Deleted 3 years ago by CraftyMyner
  12. @TheForgotten20 i try to give new players who ask for help epearls, farming stuff and a passage to the nether roof along with some food and advice. it rlly helps them especially with how ez it is to get enderpearls. in half an hour the otherday i distributed ofer 45 stacks of epearls by dropping them off at sawn, it didnt cause lag cuz i announced the drop and many layers came to pick em up. i also try to drop it near new players so they get a little richer and have something to trade for other stuff such as food or seeds

of coourse i dont have supplies to get to roof by myself so i always ask raven for some help, and somehow raven always gets to roof so easily!(share me the secet when i get unbanned in a few hours plz)

btw special mention to _underscre_ or something like that for giving me a free diamond sword when my sword broke at the end farm! i belive these simple donations can help new players so much.

he probably has vip or vip+ vip ranks have a warp to the nether roof

13. Edited 7 years ago by TheBosmerFalcon

@ardoasms he probably has vip or vip+ vip ranks have a warp to the nether roof

Ya raven has VIP+ cause @Nysic is such a nice guy <3 (lol not sucking up just being serious)
    And ya I think more of the welathier players should try and help out nubs because jt gives a great sense of how nice it is here. Though people do what they want so.

14. im a new player (2-3 hours+3 on the forums) with several questions
    wrs the nether roof path?
    wrs the ender man farm?
    how do i join a faction/town?
    is there a map of the world some were?
    how u guys get 20+ dimond BLOCKS?
    wr the stores i here about?(blackshop,raven publishing)

15. - You can access the nether roof by donating the server and becoming VIP. You also can access other warps after becoming VIP.

- I've never been to the endermen farm, but I've heard it has been grieffed.

- CraftyMynes is a Vanilla server, (not Towny or Factions). There are unofficial factions though, you can join them by talking to it's members.

- (Don't be a sissy) There isn't a way it could be possible to exist a map of the whole world.

- People get diamonds by mining, trading and looting.

Talk to me in game if you need some weapons and armor to start your own place.

Have a nice playing time!

16. @hopping25 wrs the nether roof path?

Buy VIP, or get a VIP to let you tp to them while they are on the roof.

@hopping25 wrs the ender man farm?

They are in the end, most of them(that work) are private as public ones get griefed non stop.

@hopping25 how do i join a faction/town?

Ask the leader, ie thegoldsmith for Sky Kin, BoneChiller for Havester etc... A number of them have recruit posts.

@hopping25 is there a map of the world some were?

What? No it is just like any old single player world you would make, except they added spawn and cmd blocks. As far as the seed number goes it is hidden for good reason.

@hopping25 how u guys get 20+ dimond BLOCKS?

Well my wealth was given to me by a very gracious player, but i believe it is through use of the spawn Jeweler who allows emeralds to be exchanged for diamonds.

@hopping25 wr the stores i here about?(blackshop,raven publishing)

Mostly you just message the people ingame. Ie. Blackfish for blackshop. DunmerRaven for R.P. etc... Then theh deal at the trading post. Refer to their posts for more info! :)
    Welcome to th server and good luck! If you need any help let me know!

17. Or just use ender pearls to access the nether roof!

18. Blackshop is gettin famous :o

19. thnx,
    about the map, i just meant a ordinary map wall w/ item frames
    what spawn jeweler? and wr can i find villagers (curing isn't an option right now).
    How do i change my face to match my skin in-game?
    Thnx FishW, i'll remember that.

20. Edited 7 years ago by FishW

@hopping25 thnx,
    about the map, i just meant a ordinary map wall w/ item frames

Oh lol, but yea there isnt a wall of maps as far as i know.

@hopping25 what spawn jeweler? and wr can i find villagers (curing isn't an option right now).

When you go to spawn go past the pvp arena(giant tower thing) and you will see a wooden house called the trading post. Entering it and looking around will reveal the villagers and a few other useful things. Also using the trade post tp will work(VIP only i think).

@hopping25 How do i change my face to match my skin in-game

Hmm just make your username the same as your forum name(you may need Crafty's help to do this) and it should matchup if isnt already.EDIT: forum name the same as your username*

@hopping25 Thnx FishW, i'll remember that.

:D

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!