Post a Reply

Riddle me this!

1. 7 years ago

I just added 96 minutes to the time starting at 2.00 until i got to 8.24 which was done by adding it 4 times (which means it was only 4 hours in reality), that means the time was 6 when the clock stopped, an hour afterwards would be 7. Idk did I explain that right?

2. @QuietSheep I just added 96 minutes to the time starting at 2.00 until i got to 8.24 which was done by adding it 4 times (which means it was only 4 hours in reality), that means the time was 6 when the clock stopped, an hour afterwards would be 7. Idk did I explain that right?

Correct!

3. Dang I didn't see it was already solved hours ago :(

That's okay I'll try again.

4. Imagine, if you will, a rope ladder hanging off the side of an anchored ship. The rungs of the ladder are half a metre apart. The tide is coming in, and rises half a metre every hour. If 12 rungs were above the water before the tide began to rise, how many will be above the water after 5 hours?

5. @NutjobBob Imagine, if you will, a rope ladder hanging off the side of an anchored ship. The rungs of the ladder are half a metre apart. The tide is coming in, and rises half a metre every hour. If 12 rungs were above the water before the tide began to rise, how many will be above the water after 5 hours?

depends upon how much slack there is in the anchor line, without that, the strength of the anchor line, and the size of the ship you will not be able to give an accurate estimate