New anti-hacking for minecraft servers

1. 7 years ago

Found this interesting video on youtube that some servers are now using to help catch hackers. Looks like it was being used on a 1.8 server, so not sure if it would work on 1.10. But here's the link.

2. looks like it's a wonderful way for staff to quickly aim in on potential hackers

3. It is used for 1.8 and I'm not certain but thus might infringe on craftys rule of not adjusting the server files.

4. Edited 7 years ago by Nysic

It's a modification to the server and we can't run it.

5. Aww, oh well.

6. Yeah, it's a plugin, 100% not vanilla.

7. Spawn an armor stand for a specific player that is always 4 blocks behind it or hower much reach gives you if a player acuses a player of hacking. if the player uses kill aura the hack should track onto the armor stand and give it a special NBT tag or whatever when the player hits it constantly it automatically jails that player.

just a random little idea that is useless but if ur lazy like me just set that to a player and then kill all armor stands with the name "CraftyCatcher" and Boom ez ban

8. @Shvex Spawn an armor stand for a specific player that is always 4 blocks behind it or hower much reach gives you if a player acuses a player of hacking. if the player uses kill aura the hack should track onto the armor stand and give it a special NBT tag or whatever when the player hits it constantly it automatically jails that player.

just a random little idea that is useless but if ur lazy like me just set that to a player and then kill all armor stands with the name "CraftyCatcher" and Boom ez ban

I second this idea, is there a variable in the entitydata to do that though?

9. @Shvex Spawn an armor stand for a specific player that is always 4 blocks behind it or hower much reach gives you if a player acuses a player of hacking. if the player uses kill aura the hack should track onto the armor stand and give it a special NBT tag or whatever when the player hits it constantly it automatically jails that player.

Right cause this wouldn't take a bucket load of command blocks per person to do...

10. Edited 7 years ago by shvex_old

It wouldn't per person it'd use the same player ID system as the TP commands. ( Hacker1234 173 )
    /trigger (triggername) set (ID) and instead of you having to kill the specific armor stands if it doesn't catch the player in a certain amount of time it is automatically cleared. But once again just a random idea

Also some hacks don't detect entities or armor stands and people will spread around that there's this new "anticheat" and can easily disable their hack

11. @Shvex Spawn an armor stand for a specific player that is always 4 blocks behind it or hower much reach gives you if a player acuses a player of hacking. if the player uses kill aura the hack should track onto the armor stand and give it a special NBT tag or whatever when the player hits it constantly it automatically jails that player.

Here's the issues, most kill auras don't track onto armor stands. To spawn an armor stand and keep it 4 blocks behind is quite a chore. Unlike plugins you can't use variables and proper math to calculate where to place the stand. The command block way is more of a brute force way, You would need one command block for every degree or every 5 degrees or so. Thats at the least 72 command blocks and at the worst 360, just to keep an armor stand behind a player. Also, due to the laggy nature of vanilla, you would have to deal with the off chance that the player would be able to hit the stand legitly as well as any false positives.

Here's the kicker, while pvp is enabled on this server, it's not a pvp server, there is just not enough players for any sort of detection system other then what we have already, (not going to disclose). Were just better of putting the time into more important things.

or Sign Up to reply!