Turn off the PvP cool down

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by darktyui

I know there are many people on this server including me who dislike that Mojang put in the cool downs for weapons and for a good reason. It just turns even pvp fights with the best gear into a grind fest waiting for who's armor is going to break first. Fights used to be faster, required faster reaction time, and you needed to know how to pot with splash potions. With the cool downs thought its to people hitting each other and occasionally eating some food and repotting strength.

There are also countless 1.9/1.10 pvp servers or mini game pvp servers that turned off the cool down that have quite a large player base.

In the end it is up to Crafty to make the final decision but I would encourage you to post your thoughts below defending no cool down or keep the cool down.

I will also include this link to a poll so that you can vote there http://www.strawpoll.me/10644060

Well someone decided to rig the poll but before that the vote was 16 wanted the cool down 5 didn't want it and even this result might have been rigged

2. I +1 to turn off PvP Cool Down.

3. The cooldown makes pvp balanced and more logic. Just deal with it.

4. pvp is always balanced is it not?

5. Edited 7 years ago by _GoldenAtlas_

+1 Vicious is just mud at pvp.

6. ....

7. in real life you wouldnt be able to full-charge swing and this makes the game more realisticly fun

8. Minecraft is realistic? last i checked theres no dragons and exploding green blobs in the real world

9. OK dayuhhmmmm!! no need for the rudeness torwards me D:

10. Let's keep it civil, just vote and humour it

11. =)

12. I said keep it civil.

13. Imo if you want to play in a server with a pvp system in which you can just set up an auto clicker and win, go play in a 1.8 server. 1.9 combat made it more skill based instead of who can hitter click faster.

14. Mhm, changing it back to civil...
    I cast my vote for turning off PVP cool down.
    After spending some time learning the mechanics, or "getting good", I am in full agreement with @darktyui . The battles do get drawn out way too long and is based on who has more meat than the other person. 1.9 combat definitely helped noobs like myself get into PVP, but 1.8 PVP is simply more intense, making it more interesting and fun.

15. many people in this server doesn't like pvp cooldown? the fact is 72% votes to keep and the rest is wanna get rid of it. well, 28% is not "many" compared to 72%.

Blackfish send you his regards.

16. Edited 7 years ago by darktyui

@neonjews Imo if you want to play in a server with a pvp system in which you can just set up an auto clicker and win, go play in a 1.8 server. 1.9 combat made it more skill based instead of who can hitter click faster.

Autoclickers are not allowed on craftymynes

17. @darktyui I meant a macro, but it's essentially the same thing. My point being that if its THAT easy, which it is, to kill someone without a cool down, it's a flawed system. The majority of the server isn't into pvp, and the poll shows.

18. @neonjews @darktyui I meant a macro, but it's essentially the same thing. My point being that if its THAT easy, which it is, to kill someone without a cool down, it's a flawed system. The majority of the server isn't into pvp, and the poll shows.

Macros aren't allowed either.

It is good that you are able to kill someone much faster. Right now on the server it is so easy to get away from anyone trying to fight you and even easier to just combat log. Also you can stay alive for quite awhile in a full pvp load out if u bring a lot of insta health 2 splashes

19. So you feel because it's harder to kill someone it should change back? It's an improved system. A system which takes some level of skill to actually kill someone, instead of just spam clicking and hoping for the best.

20. I would be in support of keeping the pvp cool down, I feel like it makes pvp more interesting, for lack of a better word, and requires more skill as there is a lot more variables, including the cool down.
    I get that you're thinking of this from a purely pvp point of view, but changing the cool down would effect other aspects in the survival mechanics of the server. Pve for example would become all about jitter clicking again instead of waiting for the right moment to damage them.
    You also have to remember, while it'll work well in a 1.9 pvp server, it mightnt work as well in a 1.9 survival server as they attract different kinds of players.
    How would turning it off work? Would it reverse all of what 1.9 did to pvp, or would it only remove the cooldown? Assuming it only removes the cooldown, and with it the special abilities, axes become a lot more over powered as they are now stronger then swords, a larger cooldown was to balance this.
    Personally I don't believe it would suit the server itself to turn pvp cooldown off

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!