PVP Arena Changes!!!

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

Due to popular request, I added a combat logging detector. At this current point and time it only shows who is in combat and how many ticks are left till they are not in combat, it also disables the book for 15 seconds and will announce your name in chat if you log out while in combat. Any damage taken (including epearls) will set your InCombat score.

Note: I also changed the color to dark purple to avoid color conflict with the admin color.

2. Yey good job :)

3. It says "PVP Arena Changes" so I'm wondering if this only applies in the arena or everywhere.

4. Edited 7 years ago by mithraculus

15 second book disabling changes things a lot. I applaud the changes.

Is there anyway to limit the amount of players allowed in the arena at one time. Most fights usually end up being 2 or 3 vs 1

5. I shall continue to avoid the arena XD

6. @KatcheD It says "PVP Arena Changes" so I'm wondering if this only applies in the arena or everywhere.

Just the arena.

7. I will admit that I have arena logged once but this sounds like a cool system and I look forward to seeing how it works.

I have one question. It seems that the detector works by reading the incombat score. If you do not take damage in the arena, from my interpretation, you will have an incombat score of zero. Does this mean that if you log out at this point (say when someone else jumps into the arena but haven't damaged you yet), it is not registered as an arena log?

8. I better log in so I can see this.

9. I don't see the point of everyone being told you logged in the arena.. Most of the time we already know. Being mocked for it is also usual, it doesn't change much.

Then preventing the book from being used just removes any chance of escape from an attack :P So it would encourage logging from those refusing to fight anyways.

10. @wblaine128 I have one question. It seems that the detector works by reading the incombat score. If you do not take damage in the arena, from my interpretation, you will have an incombat score of zero. Does this mean that if you log out at this point (say when someone else jumps into the arena but haven't damaged you yet), it is not registered as an arena log?

There is no mojang provided "InCombat" score, every time you take damage in the arena my system sets your score, at the same time it counts down 20 ticks per second, after 15 seconds it gets reset. As long as your InCombat score is not visible on the sidebar, you are fine to tp out or log out.

11. @TheDunmerRaven Then preventing the book from being used just removes any chance of escape from an attack :P So it would encourage logging from those refusing to fight anyways.

Yeah, well the pvp'ers asked for it and they kinda shot themselves in the foot, they probably halved the amount of players that they are going to get in there now that they know they will be called out and they can't tp out.

12. @CraftyMyner Yeah, well the pvp'ers asked for it and they kinda shot themselves in the foot, they probably halved the amount of players that they are going to get in there now that they know they will be called out and they can't tp out.

Ahhh, so it's more of giving them what :P

13. So all it does is announce that you logged in chat?

14. @_Confederacy_ So all it does is announce that you logged in chat?

It also disables the book.

15. what if

@CraftyMyner It also disables the book.

what if someone falls in by accident

16. Woah neat.

17. @thegoldsmith what if
    what if someone falls in by accident

It would only be disabled for 15 seconds.

18. So would it keep a score that you could ask the server for? Like look how much damage I've taken! What would it's purpose really be for us simple folk out here?

19. @CraftyMyner It would only be disabled for 15 seconds.

ok thanks so take extra care NOT to fall in during a battle

20. @TabooWolf So would it keep a score that you could ask the server for? Like look how much damage I've taken! What would it's purpose really be for us simple folk out here?

No, it starts a 15 second timer every time you take any damage in the pvp arena, while the timer is running, you are unable to use the book to get out and it will announce your name in chat if you log out.

or Sign Up to reply!