Increasing world border

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

the current border is 200k by 200k and extends up to 100k in each direction from spawn. In the overworld this ok in size but the problem comes from the nether. the accessible nether by a portal is only 25k by 25k and stretches by 12.5k from spawn in al directions. as mentioned in cellexya's blaze grinder thread that some fortresses are up to 1k by 1k and considering the whole thing is only 25k by 25k makes these fortresses into hotspots to get blaze rods for potions. This turns the limited number of fortresses into hotspots for blaze grinders. Cell is very cautious and destroys their portal when shes done with it, but nether travel requires a network of pathways to get around whether its building across a lava pit or drilling into a mountain. We cannot fill up every mountain pass create (destroying bridges are ez) and we all have to admit, there are always some sneaky hackers out there which are extremely sneaky and aren't caught in time before they x-ray a base, or even if they have a garbage set up like me and the chunk doesn't load allowing them to find paths. This threatens the security as the person can estimate the position which one came out of the destroyed portal and then walk around for 2k or so and find their base. also for an above ground base if you think about it going to 80k or so isn't actually very safe.

LAG: I fear that some may be concerned with the possible increment of lag, this probs wont happen as only the chunks that players are in are being loaded and as far as I know we aren't even close to tipping the 88 player limit. However this will mean that crafty will need more storage space to store the world.

staff: please let the players think about this and their opinion on this before you make a sudden decision, as players might have a different opinion that what you think.

travel; but how do I get to (I recommend 2 mill x 2mill or 1mill from spawn) blocks out?
    a: nether roof, some servers ban nether roof but its available to us.

edit: The reason I left crafty is because of the world border, and even though I don't mind reset that much a little but cuz of the world reset(only a little for world reset)

2. No.

3. @Blackened_Dawn No.

please explain your no,

4. Edited 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

All dimensions have the same border.

Every single dimension goes up to 100k in all directions.

5. yes but when you portal in at 100k in the overworld your portal only goes up to 12k, and vice versa

6. The only thing you can't do is travel past 12.5k in the nether to go further than 100k in the overworld. Im not sure where you got this idea that the end and nether are smaller, but its wrong.

7. Just because a portal at 100k in the overworld takes you to 12k in the nether doesn't mean the nether ends at 12k..

8. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

but if you portal back in at 100k the nether is 8 times as "dense" so itll get you to 12.5 k, that's what I meant. anyways, even in overworld 100k is kinda small

just a question of intrest can you portal from end to nether?

9. @TheForgotten20 but if you portal back in at 100k the nether is 8 times as "dense" so itll get you to 12.5 k

Yes, that's how conversion works. And no, 100k is not small.

10. @PapaNeon but no one is going to travel out 10k (1 hr in nether) just to get to a safe loacation in the nether and im not sure if you've noticed but snowburn and one of skykins base was only 4k away when the griefed bases cords were posted

11. That doesn't make sense.
    The world is fine, as evidenced by the dragon Egg Hunt in 1.8, it's extremely easy to hide in the map.

As for Blaze grinders, the nether border is a 100k.
    There's hundreds of fortresses unexplored in that Area.
    You just need to not be lazy and walk instead of begging staff.

The map size is big enough already, the bigger it gets the harder it is to backup and more likely to become corrupted.

12. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@TheForgotten20 but if you portal back in at 100k the nether is 8 times as "dense" so itll get you to 12.5 k, that's what I meant. anyways, even in overworld 100k is kinda small

just a question of intrest can you portal from end to nether?

Please in future. Learn about more Minecraft mechanics before making suggestions, the Nether has a 100k border.
    You cannot portal from nether to end.

13. @R4iscool1 do you define walking as walking to 80k in the nether everytime for your grinder then using the book to go home? because, no. and I am not begging staff, its just that I feel a bigger border is needed. and again, walking in the nether is extremely slow and I am not being lazy but more than 10 hours of walking everytime you need blaze rods risking death is just a NO

14. @TheForgotten20 @PapaNeon but no one is going to travel out 10k (1 hr in nether) just to get to a safe loacation in the nether and im not sure if you've noticed but snowburn and one of skykins base was only 4k away when the griefed bases cords were posted

What does that have to do with anything? If it was at 4k its at random tp range

15. Edited 7 years ago by PapaNeon

@TheForgotten20

A) I've walked to over 10k in the nether, it's not that hard.

B) Skykin's base being griefed and the coords being leaked wasn't hard to do when Flux (blesian) lied to one of the members and got them to tpa him to their base. I'd know, I was there when it happened. (the size of the world had nothing to do with it)

C) There's plenty of world to go around. The world is by no means small.

16. I meant 4k apart from each other black
    also I do not mean that the nether is small, I mean the range that portals can appear and griefers can find these portals to bases is too small

17. @TheForgotten20 @R4iscool1 do you define walking as walking to 80k in the nether everytime for your grinder then using the book to go home? because, no. and I am not begging staff, its just that I feel a bigger border is needed. and again, walking in the nether is extremely slow and I am not being lazy but more than 10 hours of walking everytime you need blaze rods risking death is just a NO

You can station an alt there; and you can use the nether roof to travel there using speed pots and enderpearls

18. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@TheForgotten20 @R4iscool1 do you define walking as walking to 80k in the nether everytime for your grinder then using the book to go home? because, no. and I am not begging staff, its just that I feel a bigger border is needed. and again, walking in the nether is extremely slow and I am not being lazy but more than 10 hours of walking everytime you need blaze rods risking death is just a NO

Why do you need to walk 80k ?
    13k would do it easily.... Which is less than 15 minutes walk from spawn.
    Running on the nether roof is probably the quickest method of travel on the server too, so what you said there made no sense either.
    This is a vanilla raid server, there is a price that must be payed for security.
    Everyone else does just fine.

Yes you are being lazy and frankly quite uniformed in this post.
    You can feel all you like but it doesn't change that.

19. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

not every1 has alts, also I don't think you can get down from the roof and spped pots+ nether roof generates new chunks extremely quickly resulting in server lag

and walking so much everytime you need something while it can be resolved by just a border increment.

also, this thread is about border increment, not how far you can go in the nether
    and even if I used it as an example, my point is that this pulls unwanted attention to their bases and im sure many players would agree they DO NOT like being raided and even more griefed

20. @TheForgotten20 this pulls unwanted attention to their bases

...then don't build at the border..?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!