Increasing world border

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@PapaNeon the point was that our bases were so unexpectedly close toghether not that we had found their base or how they found their base

also, people here build massive bases with things that go to sky limit, a simple dragon egg is too easy to be hidden

3. ???? I don't understand your argument?

4. Yes you clearly can get down from the roof if you just, run up to 12.5 and the walk the remaining 500.
    This is the sort of lack of knowledge I was talking about....

Vanilla is a walking game, in fact most of the vanilla servers with larger borders don't even do Spawn TP's or TPA at all.
    This is a raid/grief server, if they don't like the risk then it may not be for them.

5. @TheForgotten20 @PapaNeon the point was that our bases were so unexpectedly close toghether not that we had found their base or how they found their base

also, people here build massive bases with things that go to sky limit, a simple dragon egg is too easy to be hidden

What relevance does a coincidence have ?

6. @TheForgotten20 a simple dragon egg is too easy to be hidden

We made a massive cave in the side of a massive hill around 70k. It had traps, and mobs constantly spawning inside, it was a pretty obvious hiding spot if you ask me.

7. I will point out that a fully generated world would be about 1tb per dimension, it would piss off all the players that built close to the world border to be as far out as possible. Our world border is mush further than many servers. Just because the player limit is 88 doesn't mean we can handle that. 88 is when the server shits it's self and things start going really wrong.

8. Edited 7 years ago by T0rsion

Just live in the end. Very secure. The only reason nobody has found ALL bases around 80k is because people are too lazy to cover that distance for an unknown location. Imagine that except it's not a flat roof that is 8 times faster that you have to travel by, instead it's islands where death occurs frequently.

9. i have a base over 80k in the nether

10. ok

11. Hello all, i have a couple of quick questions related to what was discussed in the thread. They are kind of noobish questions, so my apologies to the staff if they have already been asked.

1. From your experience in the nether, about how many blocks from spawn must you travel to start seeing basic nether resources, such as nether quartz and glow stone?
    2. Are the methods you mentioned here on the thread such as enderpearling to the roof and then traveling along the nether roof available to all players, or only those who have purchased VIP or VIP+?

Thank you for your time and i hope to hear back from you shortly!

12. @PurpleMare Hello all, i have a couple of quick questions related to what was discussed in the thread. They are kind of noobish questions, so my apologies to the staff if they have already been asked.

1. From your experience in the nether, about how many blocks from spawn must you travel to start seeing basic nether resources, such as nether quartz and glow stone?
    2. Are the methods you mentioned here on the thread such as enderpearling to the roof and then traveling along the nether roof available to all players, or only those who have purchased VIP or VIP+?

Thank you for your time and i hope to hear back from you shortly!

I generally dont travel the nether, so i wouldn't be sure, but generally if you random tp out and enter the nether you should see some basic resources. If all else going past about 25k in the overworld and building a nether portal there would be good for resources.
    The nether roof is available to all players, no matter the rank. The only thing that Vip and vip + have over normal players is that they are able to tp up to it via the warps that they have. You can always enderpearl up or use other methods to get up or just ask a vip member to get you a tpa up to it ^-^

13. Hi, this question is probably even more noobish than the last couple I asked, but here it goes. When I do enderpearl up onto the nether roof, how do I get back down? Back in the day I could plant a dark oak tree up there and it would punch a hole through it, but they patched that up many versions of minecraft back. How do I get off of the roof now?

14. @PurpleMare Hi, this question is probably even more noobish than the last couple I asked, but here it goes. When I do enderpearl up onto the nether roof, how do I get back down? Back in the day I could plant a dark oak tree up there and it would punch a hole through it, but they patched that up many versions of minecraft back. How do I get off of the roof now?

What i do is build a nether portal to get down. Your also able to ender pearl or other methods but on those i would be unsure

15. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Please note that breaking bedrock is a banable offence.
    If you want to get down from the nether roof just use a portal. Pearling down is possible but extremely difficult.

Generally 4k into nether you find untouched fortresses.

16. Wow, so then correct me if I'm wrong, but then this means that you cannot use the nether roof to travel past 12.5 K. The majority of the nether must be really hard to get to! How sad. *sheds tear*
    It will take forever to get the resources I need.

17. @PurpleMare I am 10k+ in the nether and there are loads of resources

18. @PurpleMare Wow, so then correct me if I'm wrong, but then this means that you cannot use the nether roof to travel past 12.5 K. The majority of the nether must be really hard to get to! How sad. *sheds tear*
    It will take forever to get the resources I need.

Not what I said at all.

@Blackened_Dawn The only thing you can't do is travel past 12.5k in the nether to go further than 100k in the overworld.

Is what I said; which means: you can travel past 12.5k, but if you put a portal down past that, no matter what distance it is, you will be teleported to 100k in the overworld.

19. Will the players Gate be created at 100k or will he create a new chunk beyond 100k and then be tpd to the border without a portal?

20. The portal spawns at the border, it wouldnt go pass 100k

21. Would a larger world border increase lag? If so its not needed at all

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!