My First Show & Tell!

1. 7 years ago

Hi guys and welcome to my first show & tell post. Here are some photos of my work in progress home/tavern/mine. I have a lot to still do but its pretty good for now. Took the better half of a week or so to get it where its at now. Ill explain each picture as we go along.
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

This is my front lobby type area I guess. Its the first thing you see when you come in. I enjoy the layout of this but I want to revisit this room along with most other ones and get some different stones in there. All that cobblestone gets a bit boring after awhile but for now it works well.

-image-
    -image-

Next we go left in the room to access the food pantry. Nothing special and actually my least favorite room cause doing shelves and overall just giving it a "food storage" area feel is kinda hard. I have enough chest to completely sort out all the different food along with a box to hold all zombie meat, bones, mushrooms, and piousness potatoes. And also a box for all types of tree saplings, flowers, and leaves.

-image-
    -image-

Now we go to the next room and this is where I have my tavern "The Dead Ender" if you've played Minecraft: Story Mode you might recognize the name. The upstairs part is a dining area, nothing special as I'm still trying to figure out how I'd like to decorate this area. Then we go down the steps and into the main bar area complete with a 6-part map of my old base location when I didn't realize I built way too close to spawn hence the move. I like the way this part of the room is setup with the random banners I've either found or made along with the map just feels right at home here.

-image-

Next room is my enchanting room, nothing special at all here. Id like to expand it some to give it a better look but I currently don't have the supplies I need to do what I want. It will be like this for awhile I guess.

-image-

As we make our way downstairs from the enchanting room we have my main storage area. I had cobwebs around here for awhile to give it a cellar type environment but took them down due to constantly being caught in them. Other than that its a basic room that serves its purpose

-image-
    -image-

We go down the next flight of stairs and come to my Nether portal room. I love making this room because I enjoy making it seem like the Nether is spreading out of the portal and slowly consuming the room. I'm currently still decorating this room as I need soul sand and some red mushrooms. I'd love to get my hands on some other blocks from the Nether but I haven't spent much time there yet.

This is where I'd post a picture of my armory which is directly opposite of the Nether room but it's currently under remodel and also in the process of connecting a mine cart rail down to my mine so I can bring up and down resources quickly. Maybe it will make the next show & tell post!

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

We go down another flight of stairs and through a hallway to access player rooms. My room is currently the only one finished, I have a buddy who is working on his room as you can see in on of the images. But my room is pretty much finished for now and I love the way I designed my room. It feels cozy to me, not too big but not so tiny I start get claustrophobic. I have my little adventure gear nook next to the stairs along with an area I put my favorite plants I've come across. With a couch and fireplace, reading those books near it make for a great place to relax after a hard days work. When we reach the second floor this is where I have my bed and jukebox the "Groovatron 9000". Again just a nice little spot above my first floor. Across the railing we can see my full 3x3 map of spawn and it looks glorious. Great job with the spawn admins, now I can admire it even when I'm home!

-image-
    -image-
    -image-

Lastly we go down the last set of stairs and make it to my mining area. This room was constructed so I have a nice little place to craft/trash/store items from this mine (which is humongous and I couldn't have gotten luckier to find such a great cave system).
    The dark area to the left is where the minecraft comes and goes when its finished, for now its just a hole in the wall.

-image-
    -image-

Along with all that I built for myself, I also decided to make a community area for travelers that are passing through this area. A little ways away from my place I set up a community farm that has everything need to restock a player if they are in desperate need (such as a few stone tools, wheat fields, fishing pond, etc.). This was neat to build and hope eventually someone stumbles across it and gets a little use out of it.

Well if you're still here after all that then thanks for taking a look at my first post. I'm truly grateful to have found such an amazing server and hope everyone is having as much fun as I am. I'm looking forward to all my future interactions with fellow CraftyMyners!

Speaking of which....

-image-

Thanks again for looking and have a good day/night !

2. Damn, love the build! Your texture pack really sells it too. Good work!

3. Can you sare the texture?
    Great job

4. remove that nether portal if you want to live O_o

5. @Nysic Damn, love the build! Your texture pack really sells it too. Good work!

Thanks for that! I enjoy texture packs that give me a old SNES Zelda-type feel and this is currently my favorite one

@HaloNest Can you sare the texture?
    Great job

The texture pack I use is Ozocraft. I also edited the pack I have to include custom Zelda Link to the Past sounds and music to the game but thats my personal pack.
    This is a link to the download page of the plain Ozocraft pack link text . It is currently missing a couple texture as the author is working on updating it for 1.10.2 but its pretty much complete.

@PenguinMytyMJ remove that nether portal if you want to live O_o

Hahahah I have noticed that pig man spawn in there from time to time. I don't mind though, they're too stupid to operate the iron door and they're kinda like little twisted pets :P

6. @Dmoney5000 Thanks for that! I enjoy texture packs that give me a old SNES Zelda-type feel and this is currently my favorite one

The texture pack I use is Ozocraft. I also edited the pack I have to include custom Zelda Link to the Past sounds and music to the game but thats my personal pack.
    This is a link to the download page of the plain Ozocraft pack link text . It is currently missing a couple texture as the author is working on updating it for 1.10.2 but its pretty much complete.

Hahahah I have noticed that pig man spawn in there from time to time. I don't mind though, they're too stupid to operate the iron door and they're kinda like little twisted pets :P

People comb the nether to find portals, even if yours is far out it will almost indefinitly get found. I recommend taking out the portal if you value your base. The risk is higher than you think.

7. @OtherGreenGamer People comb the nether to find portals, even if yours is far out it will almost indefinitly get found. I recommend taking out the portal if you value your base. The risk is higher than you think.

You are right in agree with you OGG

8. @OtherGreenGamer People comb the nether to find portals, even if yours is far out it will almost indefinitly get found. I recommend taking out the portal if you value your base. The risk is higher than you think.

@ghostassasin81 You are right in agree with you OGG

From how bad of a portal spawn I got in the nether, whoever finds my portal probably deserves my stuff. It was a horrible spot that I have to dig out of to even find the nether to explore. I have yet to get out of it after digging there for a few days, if you find it, then you're the best dang portal comber

9. ;-; shit *realizes how much of an obvious spot his nether portal is to his base* @wblaine128 read above^^^
    what are the chances of it being found you know where it is ;~;

10. I love how cozy it is!

10/10

11. @PenguinMytyMJ remove that nether portal if you want to live O_o

^

12. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

@Dmoney5000 From how bad of a portal spawn I got in the nether, whoever finds my portal probably deserves my stuff. It was a horrible spot that I have to dig out of to even find the nether to explore. I have yet to get out of it after digging there for a few days, if you find it, then you're the best dang portal comber

Not sure if you understand how nether portals link together but if someone used ANY nether portal within 1024 blocks of your active portal, they'll pop right in to your base. They don't have to find your personal nether portal. Just keep your portals deactivated before and after you use them to reduce the risk of being found and raided/griefed.

It's a great build, thanks for sharing it!

13. @Valgys Not sure if you understand how nether portals link together but if someone used ANY nether portal within 1024 blocks of your active portal, they'll pop right in to your base. They don't have to find your personal nether portal. Just keep your portals deactivated before and after you use them to reduce the risk of being found and raided/griefed.

It's a great build, thanks for sharing it!

I see what you're saying now. Their portal built withen 1024 blocks will use mine as the exit portal into the over world since its close. Never knew that but this whole build is being scrapped. I'm moving all my stuff and it will be just another abandoned base sadly

14. Ummm could you not just remove the portal? Lol

15. Just break your portals and you're back in business. Players do it all the time and stay safe.

Make sure to remove the nether portal too (use the book to return home).

16. Its not that the portals were a problem, at first I did what you said and just broke them but I was tired of hiding underground so I picked up and moved out further so I can build a little town.

17. This thread needs a lock... kinda....

18. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@TheMightyDrex This thread needs a lock... kinda....

A player showcasing his building? Lock it right away!

or Sign Up to reply!