1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

I can't wait to see hundreds of llamas flooding spawn! Lol I wanna drown in llamas!

3. actually i found a vanilla vault that uses command blocks the only thing to be added would be a timer command block structure

@R4iscool1 Then how do we decide who gets what and prevent people from hogging them ?

to keep people from hogging it like @FishW said a fee could be put inplace so it would not be worth hogging.

@Valgys Sorry wasn't going for a negative tone @Cileklim even though it sure sounds like it. Just trying to say I see challenges cause everyone probably won't play nice and give the staff more grief to keep it usable for the honest folk.

I think a place far from spawn that can only be reached by running/caravans would be really neat - idk if you can disable tps or something and have just a few command blocks for stuff like the stables suggested here. That way there's a semi-wild west to it and wouldn't flood spawn with extra stuff, without creating an onus for the staff to keep it running 24/7 (since it's not world spawn). Now that would be fun. But it's a tall order to ask I know...

when i suggested it i never meant that it would be in the centre of the spawn because that would be awkward

@Cileklim Dibs on Dark blue carpeted llamas for my racing llamas

4. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Command blocks lag the server, if we need multiple command blocks for multiple pens then that is going to have an impact on spawn especially when combined with the extra entities.

If we put a heavy fee in, then it becomes a resource that is limited to the select few that can afford it which isn't exactly fair.

I have no doubt this is possible to implement however it's strikes me as extremely unrealistic and there seems to be no clear benefit to adding it either.
    Why people would bring llamas thousands of blocks to spawn instead of just TPing is a question. Where would they go when they aren't in spawn ?
    Why are the llamas any more useful that the rarely used donkey ?
    These are all questions that need to be considered.

5. Edited 7 years ago by thegoldsmith

@R4iscool1 Command blocks lag the server, if we need multiple command blocks for multiple pens then that is going to have an impact on spawn especially when combined with the extra entities.

If we put a heavy fee in, then it becomes a resource that is limited to the select few that can afford it which isn't exactly fair.

I have no doubt this is possible to implement however it's strikes me as extremely unrealistic and there seems to be no clear benefit to adding it either.

a place to trade llamas and horses for there to be a better quality of horse and llama in the game available...

...and llama races

6. have fun taking the llamas all the way to spawn as at the moment there is no tp system for animals

7. @FishW I think something like a blackmarket would be cool. A place outside of 10k where like a group of players meet once a week to trade, maybe do some wilderness pvp, tell stories of ventures, exchange animals, and such. Sorta like a Middle Earth Bar is what I am picturing. Like a small village setup with several vendor stalls where players can sell items and trade. But yeah I know everyone is gonna be like "that will never work, it would be raided" and yeah it would be. Idk maybe something like this does exist... I just haven't been invited lol.

when i finish my exams and come back on a bit more often we can set this up and keep nothing useful there so raiders and greifers have nothing really to destroy that is not easily replaceble

8. @Tezzer have fun taking the llamas all the way to spawn as at the moment there is no tp system for animals

will do

9. @thegoldsmith when i finish my exams and come back on a bit more often we can set this up and keep nothing useful there so raiders and greifers have nothing really to destroy that is not easily replaceble

Im down for it!

10. @FishW Im down for it!

ohh and we can hide a horses and llama ranch close by to profit from it @FishW

11. Sounds great! We could host maybe llama races to. People pay up front to enter and can buy a llama.

12. or bet on a llama @FishW

13. i like how my suggestion for llama parking has become mine and @FishW's plan to set up a llama gambling ring

14. @thegoldsmith i like how my suggestion for llama parking has become mine and @FishW's plan to set up a llama gambling ring

^

15. @thegoldsmith remember sun steed ranch? we tried...

16. Why at spawn, park them 2k away from spawn.

17. @TheForgotten20 @thegoldsmith remember sun steed ranch? we tried...

i think this time round it will be less ranch more player run trading post/potion bar and restaurant.

18. @thegoldsmith i think this time round it will be less ranch more player run trading post/potion bar and restaurant.

Y'all should arm the place this time... At least make it harder to raid (traps, self-destruct, etc.)

19. @_Confederacy_ Y'all should arm the place this time... At least make it harder to raid (traps, self-destruct, etc.)

but then you run the risk of someone accidentally blowing the post sky high, and in the process kill many lamas loaded with valuables

20. @_Confederacy_ Y'all should arm the place this time... At least make it harder to raid (traps, self-destruct, etc.)

@ardoasms but then you run the risk of someone accidentally blowing the post sky high, and in the process kill many lamas loaded with valuables

this is why we wont sell valuables and all farms and potions will be located off site

21. @FishW i found an beginners base that has been abandoned and would serve well as a kitchen in our future business venture. i will remodel when i have time it is close to spawn but llamas cant easily access the spawn from it and is just past the 1k line and is not visible from 1 k so i believe i found our location

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!