1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by NERD_EXE

Figured I'd do a new post to get the word out.

Well, people were complaining that the program simply didn't offer enough to justify it's usage. Well now, I have added 2 additional quick calculations, along with stack-counting! Still open source, updated link. Enjoy.

Current calculations include:

Iron Ingots - To Emerald - To Diamonds

Iron Ingots - To Emerald - To Gold Ingots

Coal - To Emerald - To Iron Ingots

Like I said before, the program is completely open-source, open for all edits, but please give me credit if re-upload. Here's the GitHub link:

DOWNLOAD

--FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS, WILL UPDATE FILE AS NEEDED

-You can also contact me through discord, here: My Discord

2. why a bat?

nice that you keep it on github but a simple interface on jsfiddle would be more convenient for everyone in my shit opinion.

3. I took a glance at the code, I can confirm it as safe.

4. Edited 7 years ago by Dannysharks

I ran it, it looks good although wouldn't it be more feasible to build it using visual basic and create a exe file for it?
    It would at least have a more user friendly user interface
    Other than that, nice job!

5. COuld you just explain why we need this tho?
    I mean: 1i = 1e, 8e = 1 dia, give or take a little and that's really it. I mean 4 stacks of coal = 1 dia, and 5 gold = 1 dia usually
    I understand if it was prestige but the villagers really tell you all you neeed to know

6. @misterkickman COuld you just explain why we need this tho?
    I mean: 1i = 1e, 8e = 1 dia, give or take a little and that's really it. I mean 4 stacks of coal = 1 dia, and 5 gold = 1 dia usually
    I understand if it was prestige but the villagers really tell you all you neeed to know

The main thing with this is that (as far as I know) there are minimums for each of the buying/selling markets. As in, you can't get 1 diamond for 8 emerald, the minimum is 2 diamonds for 16 emeralds, which is the main reason why this converter is so useful.

7. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

i just used it to calculate bulk wood prices, its pretty user friendly!

8. Edited 7 years ago by NERD_EXE

@Cileklim i just used it to calculate bulk wood prices, its pretty user friendly!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get it to calculate wood prices? I assume you added your own code?

9. @Dannysharks I ran it, it looks good although wouldn't it be more feasible to build it using visual basic and create a exe file for it?
    It would at least have a more user friendly user interface
    Other than that, nice job!

Thanks! To anyone else asking why it's a batch file, it's mostly for convenience of code. I'll consider converting over to Visual Basic if this gets enough attention, but for now, It's just better this way.

10. @NERD_EXE The main thing with this is that (as far as I know) there are minimums for each of the buying/selling markets. As in, you can't get 1 diamond for 8 emerald, the minimum is 2 diamonds for 16 emeralds, which is the main reason why this converter is so useful.

ok i see now thx

11. @NERD_EXE Thanks! To anyone else asking why it's a batch file, it's mostly for convenience of code. I'll consider converting over to Visual Basic if this gets enough attention, but for now, It's just better this way.

True true. Thinking of the vb code though it wouldnt be too complacted, at the monent due to my course i live and breathe this stuff xD aswell as other projects with java, brains full of code so im very interested ^~^ you code any other things?

12. Edited 7 years ago by NERD_EXE

@Dannysharks True true. Thinking of the vb code though it wouldnt be too complacted, at the monent due to my course i live and breathe this stuff xD aswell as other projects with java, brains full of code so im very interested ^~^ you code any other things?

I've mastered C (not that hard, but an accomplishment), am currently learning C++, just started learning Python, mastering my skills in VB, once I finish mastering VB I'll move on to Visual C#, I know a fair amount of HTML and CSS, and know some of the basics of JS, which is really what limits my HTML skills.

13. Lol i mastered HTML and most CSS, but I'm in high school so I gave up on any of the big languages. :P

14. I could write this in xojo and make a web app, a windows/mac/linux app, an iphone app or even a console app all from the same code. If only I had the time.

15. I can do som baisi batch files, basic python and baisic html

16. @misterkickman Lol i mastered HTML and most CSS, but I'm in high school so I gave up on any of the big languages. :P

:(

17. so many programmers here, nice!

18. @NERD_EXE If you don't mind me asking, how did you get it to calculate wood prices? I assume you added your own code?

I already knew the price of the wood I was about to purchase and I used your converter to calculate the iron price to emerald

or Sign Up to reply!