Remove or Nerf all Spawn Villager Trader

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

They are probs debating it @_Drachenzorn_
    Or dawn's preparing a roast

3. @TheForgotten20 nah, actually if you think about it 8 for 1 emmy isnt that bad, after all its 8. i wouldnt mind nerfing it to 12 or smthing because 8 is quite alot, a whole stack of pmpkins is only 8 emmies and emmies dnt translate into that many diamonds, so IMO its pretty balanced

to make 10 DB or 90 dias you need 45 emmies->dia trades, and since it takes 2 stacks to make a single emmy trade, thats 90 stacks of pumpkins only for 10 diamond blocks, around a double chest and a normal chest.

well my pumpkin farm was making around 10 emmie blocks an hour and i think that is too op and i feel like like i am exploiting a trade. me and @mithraculus always talked about making as many emmies as possible before it got removed because we knew it was op. if you want to keep the 8 per emmie at least make it so the villager can burn out like normal trades.

4. If it ain't broken, don't fix it

5. @OtherGreenGamer If it ain't broken, don't fix it

its broken XD

6. @Quartz_King its broken XD

I only see 4 people that think so. Removing the Villagers is only going to anger people, and drive the worth of diamonds and emeralds sky high, essentially making the rich richer. The economy is at a healthy balance where people that are new can get rich, and the rich can provide services for the newer players to get resources. It's not broken, it just seems that way. Plus, if the worth of diamonds and etc went that high, it's cause sort of a reverse inflation and probably cause the economy to colapse for a while. I will state again; If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

7. Let's just keep thing as they are now, that is the best option in my opinion

8. @OtherGreenGamer I only see 4 people that think so. Removing the Villagers is only going to anger people, and drive the worth of diamonds and emeralds sky high, essentially making the rich richer. The economy is at a healthy balance where people that are new can get rich, and the rich can provide services for the newer players to get resources. It's not broken, it just seems that way. Plus, if the worth of diamonds and etc went that high, it's cause sort of a reverse inflation and probably cause the economy to colapse for a while. I will state again; If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

i just want to point out i just think the pumpkin trade is broken not "the villagers" although i see your point i have to disagree. Removing this one trade may increase the emerald value slightly, but mojang made it so emerald are meant to be rarer than diamond. I guess it is not "broken" but is being abused and it also encourages AFK farming instead of gameplay and i know this because i did have a massive AFK pumpkin farm and i moved every 30 mins so i did not get kicked for being AFK. In my opinion all it can do is fix the emerald economy and you say it will "make the rich richer" when that is wrong. If you mean emeralds will be worth more you are correct but the prices of player made shops will increase too making no effect on the rich and if you are talking about villager trades using emerald then they are actually losing emerald count therefore making them poorer (if thats a word). I am trying to not argue, i just really want the trade to be removed and if i have to fight for it i will. That is my opinon and if you have any more points i would love to hear them :P (maybe im missing something?)------Also i know alot of people who have taken the time to create the farms will be butt hurt if it gets removed and i would too but in many cases they got there value back in profit and at least broke even.

9. Trading needs to be more community based in my opinion

10. @Quartz_King i just want to point out i just think the pumpkin trade is broken not "the villagers" although i see your point i have to disagree. Removing this one trade may increase the emerald value slightly, but mojang made it so emerald are meant to be rarer than diamond. I guess it is not "broken" but is being abused and it also encourages AFK farming instead of gameplay and i know this because i did have a massive AFK pumpkin farm and i moved every 30 mins so i did not get kicked for being AFK. In my opinion all it can do is fix the emerald economy and you say it will "make the rich richer" when that is wrong. If you mean emeralds will be worth more you are correct but the prices of player made shops will increase too making no effect on the rich and if you are talking about villager trades using emerald then they are actually losing emerald count therefore making them poorer (if thats a word). I am trying to not argue, i just really want the trade to be removed and if i have to fight for it i will. That is my opinon and if you have any more points i would love to hear them :P (maybe im missing something?)------Also i know alot of people who have taken the time to create the farms will be butt hurt if it gets removed and i would too but in many cases they got there value back in profit and at least broke even.

It would drive the emerald worth up significantly, because the pumpkin trade is people's main source of income for emeralds, take that away and people don't have an efficient way to get emeralds. The prices of player made shops would have to adapt to this change, making prices drop by a land slide because many shops (including mine) want to appeal not only to the rich, but to the newer players as well. It would make the rich richer because the rich right now have a large amount of emeralds, and if prices dropped they could buy a metric ton of items without effecting their wallet too much.

11. what pumpkin trade? none of the villagers have it

12. Personally, I like the way the trades are right now. And I would consider myself on the higher up part of the scale between poor to rich players, yet never in my entire Craftymynes experience have i used the pumpkin trade. That is not always the source of income, just the source from nubs that have to abuse it. But what does it matter if they do? What is having a lot of emmies going to do? I know, it will let them buy more things from other players. Yes, they will get gear much faster than naturally earning it, but how does that damage anything if they are putting the money back into the system by buying items from shops, or just giving it away in a drop party cause they have enough to give away. In my opinion, the trades are fine. They help players earn more so they can spend more at shops. It's a cycle. It's how currency works.

13. @OtherGreenGamer ... and the rich can provide services for the newer players to get resources....

I disagree on this. Its the opposite the way I see it. I employ newer player to get me resources for dia or emeralds that I dont even have difficulty getting because of these DANG villagers.

14. @Dennari43 Personally, I like the way the trades are right now. And I would consider myself on the higher up part of the scale between poor to rich players, yet never in my entire Craftymynes experience have i used the pumpkin trade. That is not always the source of income, just the source from nubs that have to abuse it. But what does it matter if they do? What is having a lot of emmies going to do? I know, it will let them buy more things from other players. Yes, they will get gear much faster than naturally earning it, but how does that damage anything if they are putting the money back into the system by buying items from shops, or just giving it away in a drop party cause they have enough to give away. In my opinion, the trades are fine. They help players earn more so they can spend more at shops. It's a cycle. It's how currency works.

And its artificial because the server provide us these villagers. I'm saying, if you want to trade with villagers then make your own villager trading system, vanilla way. At least you sweat on building it not spoon-fed by the server. Or trade with real players, which I initially point out.

15. @OtherGreenGamer I only see 4 people that think so. Removing the Villagers is only going to anger people, and drive the worth of diamonds and emeralds sky high, essentially making the rich richer. The economy is at a healthy balance where people that are new can get rich, and the rich can provide services for the newer players to get resources. It's not broken, it just seems that way. Plus, if the worth of diamonds and etc went that high, it's cause sort of a reverse inflation and probably cause the economy to colapse for a while. I will state again; If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

I agree with this, if you got people who "easily became rich" and new players who can't, this would mean a disadvantage for the new players

16. New players are meant to be poor. Lol. But then they will start mining, building stuff, farms, etc and start acquiring resources. Now IMO, it will be healthier if these new players interact with the old players for trading what they need instead of trading with the "artificial" villager trader. Special mention to that last spawn villager who sells wool, it was so broken (good thing they nerfed it).

17. @_Drachenzorn_ And its artificial because the server provide us these villagers. I'm saying, if you want to trade with villagers then make your own villager trading system, vanilla way. At least you sweat on building it not spoon-fed by the server. Or trade with real players, which I initially point out.

I have my own villagers and zombie spawner to get them. I still enjoy the villager ones though, cause it gives me a reason to hang out in spawn, which also means I socialize with other players. And the items sold by the spawn villagers are often not sold regularly by players. Do you want us to just wait for someone to open a shop for lore items, iron gear, beginner stuff, and every last item the villagers sell? And not every single person on the server can find and have access to villagers apart from spawn. Getting rid of the villagers will make it harder for new players to get started and the gap between poor and rich WILL grow. This sounds way too familiar to other threads that ended up locked because people wouldn't stop complaining. This is not a generic, plain server, this is CraftyMynes. Why change what so many people love. If you want something less "artificial," go play on an anarchy server.

18. @Dennari43 I have my own villagers and zombie spawner to get them.

Good for you.

@Dennari43 I still enjoy the villager ones though, cause it gives me a reason to hang out in spawn, which also means I socialize with other players.

Then removing villager trader will give you MORE reason to hangout with real players and trade and socialize with them, rather than trading with the "artificial" ones.

@Dennari43 And the items sold by the spawn villagers are often not sold regularly by players. Do you want us to just wait for someone to open a shop for lore items, iron gear, beginner stuff, and every last item the villagers sell? And not every single person on the server can find and have access to villagers apart from spawn.

You just need to ask chat and I bet players with those items will respond. The reason why anyone wont ask is because they rely on the spawn villager.

@Dennari43 Getting rid of the villagers will make it harder for new players to get started and the gap between poor and rich WILL grow.

I dont agree with this. Everyone start with their starting gear and they just need to dig and mine to build. If you are a smart player you can grow just fine.

@Dennari43 This is not a generic, plain server, this is CraftyMynes. Why change what so many people love. If you want something less "artificial," go play on an anarchy server.

What do you mean by this? Lol. Chill dude. Why would you say that when Ive been with the server since 1.8. Guess this is one of the violent reaction that Im expecting. Hahahaha.

19. In advance, sorry for the ridiculously long post. :/

@_Drachenzorn_ Then removing villager trader will give you MORE reason to hangout with real players and trade and socialize with them, rather than trading with the "artificial" ones.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. When I was still new, the only reason I was ever in spawn was to trade with villagers, cause I was a shy little wimp and was afraid to socialize with people. But having to go to spawn to trade with even just villagers helped me get more social with people in spawn I met along the way to trade. Removing the villagers takes away the only reason for shy noobs like I was to go to spawn and inadvertently socialize and make friends with actual players. That's honestly how I met my now friend and teamate.

@_Drachenzorn_ You just need to ask chat and I bet players with those items will respond.

I will often ask chat for even simple items, no one responds. I see people all the time in chat asking for help, cause they're new, no one bats an eye. You are expecting the best of people, which is a good thing to believe in, but that's not what's going to happen. People will be rude and selfish and not help out, except for those few saints that actually will. But they aren't on all the time. Those villagers are to help players that are unable to find anyone to help them.

@_Drachenzorn_ If you are a smart player you can grow just fine.

I would consider myself a smart player, that's why I was able to grow to what I am now, and the same for many of the long time players. But what about all the younger people on the server? What about all the children that play, this is a family server after all, that are not that good at minecraft? What about every person that is new to the game and doesn't know that much about minecraft? If you're an expert in minecraft, you will be just fine. But they won't be. Are we supposed to not help them? And if you say that they can ask chat for help and you'll bet other players will help, please refer to my comment above this.

@_Drachenzorn_ What do you mean by this? Lol. Chill dude. Why would you say that when Ive been with the server since 1.8. Guess this is one of the violent reaction that Im expecting. Hahahaha.

You are asking to get rid of one of the many aspects of CraftyMynes that most players love. If this comes across as angry, which I know it does, it's because this is one of the things that I love about the server. And it doesn't matter how long you've been with the server. I've been here since 1.8 too, just that no one remembers me cause I never ever ever spoke in chat or made myself known. You're being here since 1.8 gives no extra weight in your argument, you're still just another player on the server with an idea to change something. And I say that this is not a generic, plain minecraft server because we have so many features in game that make it not quite original vanilla like in singleplayer. Take the maze for example. Anyone could go through it and end up with a unbreaking 10 god bow within minutes of joining the server, having no diamonds, enchanted stuff, or anything to show them working for it the vanilla way. Is that too OP? probably, that's why it's probably not going to stay much longer. But my point is that there are plenty of things in CraftyMynes that are not done the original vanilla way, but we don't complain about them, we accept them as the gifts from the admins they are. Complaining about the things staff do for us to make our minecraft experience more fun is just, in my opinion, extremely rude.

I'm really sorry that this sounds mean. But I have no better way of stating it. I love this server and everything about it. And plenty of other people think the same way. If you don't like it, then don't come to spawn, ignore it, or do whatever you want. If you want, find a server that doesn't have spawn villagers. But a lot of people really like it. We shouldn't spoil their fun, which is of barely any, if any at all, harm to the economy. I apologize for sounding mean, I really do. I don't want to be the bad guy here, I just want to defend what I care about.

20. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

Can we just chill? It's normal for this suggestion to have some heat, but:

@Dennari43 If you don't like it, then don't come to spawn, ignore it, or do whatever you want.

@Dennari43 go play on an anarchy server

This is not how you discuss a suggestion.
    You know it too.

To make things more fair, I'll make a quick list of pros and cons that players discussed in this post:

Pros:

-Players will interact more with each other instead of grinding items for villagers.

-Players will have to get their own villagers, closer to survival and more fun.

Cons:

-HUGE gap between rich players and new & current players.

-Emeralds and diamonds worth will increase which means rich players will become richer and poor players, well, poorer.

-Players "love" villagers (?) No... just no

-Villagers lets players to earn emeralds which is vital for player trading, so removal of villagers will impact the economy (?)

I respect everyone's opinion about this important suggestion, and in my opinion, it should be kept as is.

Removal of villagers would let get us get closer to survival feel, but at this point it will expand the gap between old and new players.

I would suggest a vote but we are not allowed to make a poll of our own.

21. there should be a separate poll just for the pumpkin trade because everyone wants some villagers

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!