Zombie Spawners

1. 7 years ago

The proportion of villagers that are librarians has gone down dramatically from 20% to less than 10. Presumably this applies to zombie ones too.

I have been running a zombies spawner that feeds a villager purifying station but since 1.11 have not seen any zombie villagers at to cure. :(

Has anyone heard anything about this - have i just been unlucky or have they changed this?

2. I'm not sure, we have a double zombie spawned and an almost automatic purifier, but haven't used it since the update, but ill try it shortly

3. i notice in creative that spawn zombie and spawn zombie villager eggs are separate now
    - i think they were just spawn zombie before

4. yes just checked that, they were a combined egg before. I think it unlikely that the zombie spawner will spawn zombie villagers now :(

5. I think you've come across a slightly unexpected product of the changes to entity IDs, zombie villagers and zombies now have separate IDs (hence separate spawn eggs) so a zombie spawner can't spawn zombie villagers any more :(

I do remember at one point in 1.9/1.10 you could find spawners with a zombie villager in (purely cosmetic). I don't think these exist any more for the same reason though. No more villager spawners, get breeding!!

6. Was thinking of substituting a mob farm as presumably they will still spawn naturally.

7. They do still spawn naturally, but like you said in your first post you're less likely to get librarians than ever before (also make sure not to build it in a desert). Remember you can still infect and cure villagers to get the trades you want - particularly useful with librarians now they're so rare.

8. My understanding is once a librarian always one - they dont change the main trade - just the sub one?

9. They won't change the colour of their coat but can change all their trades. So if you have a librarian with a shitty book trade, or a farmer with a crap pumpkin one you can serve him up to the zombies to try for better trades.

10. ooh thanks for reminding us Nutjob. I knew that you could re-purify them in the past but I don't think it's ever been a viable strategy until this update

11. This makes me super sad since I just finished my purifier the other day :(

12. That's what happened to me, just got the purfier built and villager delivery system that drops them where you want. :(

Zabolca used the repurifying technique extensively to get the librarians she wanted.

13. @Cellexya This makes me super sad since I just finished my purifier the other day :(

Same, luckily we got a 4 story darkroom w/ mob sorter on the way

14. Edited 7 years ago by Tez1010

Well i've built the dark room and it peels out the creepers, and wont spawn endermen or spiders, but still no sign of any villagers. I should have a nice supply of gunpowder though!

Looks like it may have to be breeding, to complete my villager bookshop. :(

15. Looks like zombie villagers dont spawn naturally anymore. Can anyone confirm this? I have spent quite a while on my sp today with all the other hostile mobs appearing but no sign of any zombie villagers. If anyone has seen any naturally generated ones in the wilderness since 1.11, please post here. (Not counting zombies infecting villagers as you need a villager to infect in the first place)

16. @Tez1010 Looks like zombie villagers dont spawn naturally anymore. Can anyone confirm this? I have spent quite a while on my sp today with all the other hostile mobs appearing but no sign of any zombie villagers. If anyone has seen any naturally generated ones in the wilderness since 1.11, please post here. (Not counting zombies infecting villagers as you need a villager to infect in the first place)

ill take look in my spawner if it spawns there. i arriveback in the overworld

17. @TheForgotten20 ill take look in my spawner if it spawns there. i arriveback in the overworld

It's already been confirmed zombie spawners don't spawn z.villagers what is meant to they spawn naturally

18. Well before 1.11 zillagers would spawn alongside zombies and witches so you could get them from a general mob farm/dark room (the non spawner variety). I built a new one of these to feed the purifying station to only get zombies and skeletons with no zillagers. (I dealt with endermen, spiders and creepers so i wasnt expecting any of them).

It does look suspiciously like the only way to get villagers now is to breed them.

19. They do spawn normally, I had a zillager nitwit spawn yesterday, the spawn chance is just abysmally low

20. I found a random zombie villager yesterday walking around in rtp range. They do spawn naturally. It also happened to be a cartographer when i converted him. So it's possible.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!