Shulker Confusion

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by BluePlauge

-image-
    Alright, just asking for some clarification on shulker behavior. In the pic, the shulker on the side of the spawner is my failed attempt to gather some shells before eggs and spawners are nerfed. when I came back on today to deal with it, I was greeted by a second shulker. I only had one egg, the spawner is a cave spider, with the spider still in the center. Also I thought they were supposed to be purple?

2. Are u in a desert biome?

3. They do seem to be a greyish colour when i've had them on sp - perhaps it is their overworld colour.

They will spawn in the air around the spawner unless you fill the area 9 x 9 x 3.

4. You might have actually found a bug (or an admin is trying to confuse you).
    As of 1.11 shulkers summoned by commands or placed in spawners will by default be white (colour can be customised). Shulkers from spawn eggs will be purple.

Are you sure the spawner is still spawning cave spiders and doesn't spawn shulkers instead? I'm thinking it might be a graphical glitch with the spawner.

Also this means @cepheid might have the only purple shulker spawner on the server!

5. In 1.11, shuckers can have different colours, but they don' t spawn naturally with a coloured shell.
    You' d have to use commands for that, so an admin might be trolling you.

6. yeah someone has to be messing with me, just checked and the spawner is still kicking out spiders. So there should only be the one shulker to begin with as i spawned it with a "future backpacks" egg. and there are deff 2 there now.

7. I'm still confused, the shulker you placed should've been purple not white. Wondering if somehow lag meant you actually changed the spawner long enough for it to spawn a couple of shulkers before the game noticed you shouldn't be able to change spawners, or some such nonsense...

8. Yeah, honestly Im expecting someone to take credit for messing with me, because everything Ive looked up says they only spawn diff colors with commands.

9. Certain admins have changed shulkers colours on request of the owner of spawners.
    No idea on what this has to do with your case however.

10. Also I'd make sure you control your shulker population carefully, we have already had a number of incident of out of control spawners.

11. @NutjobBob You might have actually found a bug (or an admin is trying to confuse you).
    As of 1.11 shulkers summoned by commands or placed in spawners will by default be white (colour can be customised). Shulkers from spawn eggs will be purple.

Are you sure the spawner is still spawning cave spiders and doesn't spawn shulkers instead? I'm thinking it might be a graphical glitch with the spawner.

Also this means @cepheid might have the only purple shulker spawner on the server!

shulkers can actually spawn white in deserts @NutjobBob

12. Did you try to place the shulker spawn egg yourself? Cause the exact same thing happened to me. I tried it with a bat egg, cause i have two and don't care about them, and the spawner changed, so I tried it then with my shulker egg. The spawner turned back to its default spider and three white shulkers spawned around me, but when i killed them, they dropped their normal purple shells.

13. @HaloNest Where did you get that from? I'm pretty sure the colour is just dependant on how they were spawned.

I think this is bug with shulker spawn eggs where non-op survival players can change the spawner but it reverts after one tick, which is long enough for it to do one spawning cycle. Only thing I can think of that matches Dennari43 and BluePlauge's descriptions. Anyone want to make a video and a bug report?

The shells will always be purple, their colour doesn't depend on the colour of the shulkers.

14. @HaloNest shulkers can actually spawn white in deserts @NutjobBob

I was in a deep ocean, not a desert, and they all spawned white.

15. gonna do some testing @Dennari43

or Sign Up to reply!