Please don't have vanilla trades in spawn

1. 7 years ago

Before the last reset I made a lot of suggestions around the villager trades. Chief among them was not to have such an OP emerald to diamond trade. Unfortunately no one really listened at the time. Blackened dawn did, but she was understandably busy working on other things. Not sure if Baron is still in charge of villager trades, but whoever is, please read this.

It's simple. I don't think there should be villagers in spawn that have vanilla trades. What I mean is things like exchanging carrots for emeralds. Today there are a lot these trades and I think they take away from the experience of finding/curing your own villagers. If you can trade iron for emeralds in spawn at 1 iron -> 1 emerald, then why would you ever trade 7 iron -> 1 emerald with your own villager? Even if the spawn trade is slightly less favorable than you might get normally, it significantly reduces the reward for what I think is a very important part of vanilla minecraft. I’ve heard many players comment on how overpowered the trades in spawn are, and this wasn’t just limited to the emerald -> diamond trade. It also includes trades for iron and crops.

So I have two things I would ask:

1. Please don't have vanilla trades in spawn
    2. Can we please get a list of trades that are planned *before* monday (or whenever the reset happens)?

The reason why it would be nice to get a list before hand is so that anyone can comment on the trades and offer their suggestions. For example I would prefer trading 4 snow blocks instead of 16 snow balls.

2. I agree

3. Edited 7 years ago by OmegaSniper4eva

These are vanilla Trades.
    -image-
    They are simply making it easier for players that join later in the game to have a better time jumping right into things.

4. I believe some of these trades will be ok as long as they dont give the villagers in spawn the best possible trades.

5. The plan was to spawn some completely vanilla non modified villagers, no librarian's or Cleric's.

6. @CraftyMyner The plan was to spawn some completely vanilla non modified villagers, no librarian's or Cleric's.

Sounds good to me

7. More often then not, the villagers at spawn will be locked, this will make creating your own villagers worthwhile.

8. @CraftyMyner More often then not, the villagers at spawn will be locked, this will make creating your own villagers worthwhile.

Zillagers don't spawn from spawners which will make this annoying

or Sign Up to reply!