1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

I would like to begin this post by acknowledging that this policy would indeed give staff more work, but I believe that it would do more good than harm in the long run and that it should at least be given a shot.

CraftyMynes has a very strict anti hacker/cheater policy, and for good reason too. Were it not for this policy, the server would be in chaos. If someone cheats or hacks they are banned without being given a second chance. Most players that get banned due to this ask for forgiveness without really being sorry for their actions. If these players were to be unbanned they would just continue hacking or cheating and get themselves banned again. However, there are also those players who are truly sorry for their actions and just wish to be given a second chance so that they may prove that they have changed. These players are also denied no matter how sincere their apologies may be.

Here is my idea.

I propose to enact a two strike banning policy in the server. If someone gets caught hacking or cheating once, they are banned and are given a second chance only if they appeal and their appeal is deemed sincere by staff. If the appeal passes the staff's judgement, the player gets unbanned and is put on a sort of watchlist. If they prove that they do not hack or cheat any more for a certain period of time, they are then treated as normal players again. If this previously banned player were to hack or cheat again, they would then be permanently banned and all their future appeals would be denied.

Strike one, you get a second chance
    Strike two, you're out

2. If they prove that they do not hack or cheat any more for a certain period of time, they are then treated as normal players again.

>1 Minute after watchlist
    >Hacks
    >Strike rule doesn't count anymore
    >Continue to repeat over and over

3. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

If they have a watchlist record and they hack or cheat again they would be permanently banned

4. @_Haxington_ I would like to begin this post by acknowledging that this policy would indeed give staff more work, but I believe that it would do more good than harm in the long run and that it should at least be given a shot.

CraftyMynes has a very strict anti hacker/cheater policy, and for good reason too. Were it not for this policy, the server would be in chaos. If someone cheats or hacks they are banned without being given a second chance. Most players that get banned due to this ask for forgiveness without really being sorry for their actions. If these players were to be unbanned they would just continue hacking or cheating and get themselves banned again. However, there are also those players who are truly sorry for their actions and just wish to be given a second chance so that they may prove that they have changed. These players are also denied no matter how sincere their apologies may be.

Here is my idea.

I propose to enact a two strike banning policy in the server. If someone gets caught hacking or cheating once, they are banned and are given a second chance only if they appeal and their appeal is deemed sincere by staff. If the appeal passes the staff's judgement, the player gets unbanned and is put on a sort of watchlist. If they prove that they do not hack or cheat any more for a certain period of time, they are then treated as normal players again. If this previously banned player were to hack or cheat again, they would then be permanently banned and all their future appeals would be denied.

Strike one, you get a second chance
    Strike two, you're out

They already tried this. They didn't always ban hackers permanently, but 99% of them when givin a second chance hacked again. Therefore this is not very practical.

5. @_Confederacy_ They already tried this. They didn't always ban hackers permanently, but 99% of them when givin a second chance hacked again. Therefore this is not very practical.

It is unfair to those few players that are truly sorry for their actions

6. @_Haxington_ It is unfair to those few players that are truly sorry for their actions

If you really want to play again, buy an alt

7. @Jordi223b If you really want to play again, buy an alt

Not everyone can afford to buy multiple accounts even if they wanted to, so it is not fair to those people

8. It might also be a good idea to give watchlist players a gray name for the time they are being evaluated. This would make them easily recognizable.

9. @_Confederacy_ They already tried this. They didn't always ban hackers permanently, but 99% of them when givin a second chance hacked again. Therefore this is not very practical.

That is why only the appeals that are deemed as being the most sincere should be accepted

10. @_Haxington_ That is why only the appeals that are deemed as being the most sincere should be accepted

Sincere doesn't mean shit. This is the online world, can't trust people. The Anonymousness of the online world makes it hard to trust people. If you get the idea that breaking the rules is a good thing, and you are truly sorry, then you can come back on with an alt. That's how it works right now.

11. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Well consider an appeal saying "I'm sorry, unban me now" which obviously does not look sincere or like it took a lot of effort, compared to a decently sized appeal where it is obvious that the player put at least some effort into it. The latter one would pass while the first one would not.

After that, the two strike policy would take place

12. I'd rather take my chances and just let them stay banned for good.
    We don't have time to vote on whether a cheater is telling the truth or not, everyone gets treated the same, and that's it. Once again, we tried this before, this did not work out in our favour.

13. You know what's not fair? Ruining the server economy by xraying. Regardless if sorry, they had an unfair advantage by hacking. So why again do we need to show them fairness?

14. @Cellexya You know what's not fair? Ruining the server economy by xraying. Regardless if sorry, they had an unfair advantage by hacking. So why again do we need to show them fairness?

Some people learn from their mistakes

15. But how is it fair to everyone else who plays by the rules? It's like a slap in the face letting someone that hacked their wealth come back. And most of the time, they repeat their mistakes and end up banned on alts. Then they come back and we have to IP ban them for hacking while they use a VPN. I know of like 3 hackers who actually stopped hacking. I know a hundred more who didn't.

16. Here is an example of an appeal that should NOT be accepted:
    https://forum.craftymynes.com/4156-erenity-s-ban-appeal

17. If they hack again they get perma banned or even IP banned

18. As far as the ecoonomy goes, their items are all destroyed usually before they get in circulation

19. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Another idea could be to unban the alts of players who have stopped hacking on their new account

20. @_Haxington_ If they hack again they get perma banned or even IP banned

They come back on Alts.

They use VPNs

@_Haxington_ As far as the ecoonomy goes, their items are all destroyed usually before they get in circulation

How do you know, if they get far enough then they could trade with people and thus inflating the economy.

@_Haxington_ Another idea could be to unban the alts of players who have stopped hacking on their new account

No.

Then they will use those to continue hacking, they could change their name and look like a new player. Who until attracts attention is a new player in the eyes of players and staff.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!