1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

While i can't go into much details obviously it requires alot more than you think to catch alot of the people hacking some are good ...some are shit , some just make you wonder if its a human even playing its so obvious it takes extra pc resources ,guess im allowed to say that , if not im sure someone will edit or delete my post , secondly it takes up our time from actually playing the game ..now maybe just maybe imo i could see a second shot on fly hackers , jesus stuff like that , but pvp hacks ,xray , nah.... and i think dupers should get a perm ip ban no matter what or who , as its one of the most damaging things you can do to a server.i.e. complete economy screw

3. @_Haxington_ And how will they come back after they learned the consequences if they do not have an alt?

They don't.

4. @2Chill While i can't go into much details obviously it requires alot more than you think to catch alot of the people hacking some are good ...some are shit , some just make you wonder if its a human even playing its so obvious...it takes extra pc resources ,guess im allowed to say that , if not im sure someone will edit or delete my post , secondly it takes up our time from actually playing the game ..now maybe just maybe imo i could see a second shot on fly hackers , jesus stuff like that , but pvp hacks ,xray , nah.... and i think dupers should get a perm ip ban no matter what or who , as its one of the most damaging things you can do to a server.i.e. complete economy screw

I am intrigued by the link you posted but for some reason I cannot open it...

5. I understand how you feel hax regardless of this idea most likely not becoming realistic as everyone did their out most best to assure you (lol)
    I do feel bad for the ones who could be deemed worth of a second chance trust me
    but I also feel some parts of our server are better off showing tough love for a reason.
    it would be very unfairly to judge people based on favored behavior and rake out the ones worthyrather than teach everyone it's just not a gr8 idea all together.

6. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

i dont even know why its a link @ haxington lol / fixed to many . . .

7. @2Chill i dont even know why its a link @ haxington lol / fixed to many . . .

Oh, nevermind then lol

8. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

@2Chill While i can't go into much details obviously it requires alot more than you think to catch alot of the people hacking some are good ...some are shit , some just make you wonder if its a human even playing its so obvious it takes extra pc resources ,guess im allowed to say that , if not im sure someone will edit or delete my post , secondly it takes up our time from actually playing the game ..now maybe just maybe imo i could see a second shot on fly hackers , jesus stuff like that , but pvp hacks ,xray , nah.... and i think dupers should get a perm ip ban no matter what or who , as its one of the most damaging things you can do to a server.i.e. complete economy screw

You bring up another good point.

Maybe only certain types of hackers should be pardoned.

9. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Some hacks/cheats are easier to pull off than others, so any noob could use them. (Example: Glitches, Fly, X-Ray, No Shadows, etc) Maybe only those people should be unbanned while those with speed/pvp hacks should not

10. Edited 7 years ago by T0rsion

All hacks outta be banned, hacking is hacking, period.

If I called the shots around here I would have more severe punishments for chat offenses as well.

Being 14, nothing pisses me off more than someone claiming to be older than me who based on their form of speech (caps, wording, attitude displayed in their words) has the maturity of a 9 year old.

11. All youre protesting against is the discrimination against those without a bank card, i dont think this is as widespread a problem as you might think, alt second chances is a good system

12. Just gonna lob my two cents here..
    To get any sort of hacks you have to go out of your way to download them. And using them on the server is again a conscious act.
    There's no transparency or gray area here, you all know our policy on hacking. Perma ban. I agree with this, mostly because I know the damage most of them can do. It's why we ban them in the first place.
    Giving them that second chance sounds nice on paper but in reality I don't believe it is. It feels like more of a safety net for those who hacked, letting them do it until they're caught and getting off with a slap on the wrist due to sounding sincere.
    There have been ban appeals when I've genuinely felt sorry for the person banned, but they agreed to our rules. Giving a second chance would break some of the integrity of said rule and we'd probably see a influx of appeals trying to sound nice and sincere.
    All hacking, from flying to xray is a purposeful act. You don't do it accidently. If you're curious I'd say to use single-player or a server that allows it, unless you want to be banned that is.
    There's more I could say but I don't wish to waffle more. My opinion on it anyways

13. Quite simply we spend enough time watching the current players and we do not need the added stress of continually having to watch dozens of players who hack.
    We tried this before it didn't work, it's their own fault for downloading hacks and it's unfair on both the staff and the whole server player base to allow them online knowing that 99% will hack again and in many cases be even better at it.

14. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@_Haxington_ Some hacks/cheats are easier to pull off than others, so any noob could use them. (Example: Glitches, Fly, X-Ray, No Shadows, etc) Maybe only those people should be unbanned while those with speed/pvp hacks should not

Why does the difficulty of the cheat play a part?
    Either way the act is committed, the actual medium is somewhat irrelevant.
    Also those hacks are usually all bundled in one client so none are really easier than the other.

15. @_Haxington_ And how will they come back after they learned the consequences if they do not have an alt?

As I said before, not everyone can afford to buy multiple Minecraft accounts

This seems to be the crux of the argument here so I'll address it.
    Introducing a money element to motivates a lot of people to not re offend. People are cynical, also if you refer to the previous thread of hacker Alts you will find it can be hard to stop a determined hacker returning.
    I'm sure it can prove a barrier and prevent a small number of players who would not offend again from returning however it the only reasonable position that doesn't overload the staff and risk the server.

16. Edited 7 years ago by iclutchHD

We had this policy before you came along however it did not work at all. We have seen a bigger chance of changing their way with purchasing alts. I will not be wasting more of my little time watching somebody who I already caught hacking who is more cautious the second time around. I don't think you understand how much harder it is getting somebody again the second time around. They come back more seasoned of a hacker. I think you need to put yourself in our shoes .

@_Confederacy_ They come back on Alts.

They use VPNs

They do and we spot them out all the time very easily, and it is even more annoying. Having to make sure a player is another is incredibly annoying. It is very tedious and it does in fact waste a lot of time just to make sure they are who we think they are

@_Haxington_ As I said before, not everyone can afford to buy multiple Minecraft accounts

That is their own fault for fucking up, not ours.

@_Haxington_ Some hacks/cheats are easier to pull off than others, so any noob could use them. (Example: Glitches, Fly, X-Ray, No Shadows, etc) Maybe only those people should be unbanned while those with speed/pvp hacks should not

No thanks, nobody with hacks will be pardoned in my book. The day that happens you will see me quit being admin. I don't allow any hack at all here. Maybe in your eyes as a normal player they seem easier however once again you have not put yourself in our shoes. Catching somebody slip a second time can be much more annoying and tedious since they will be more careful.

@_Haxington_ It is unfair to those few players that are truly sorry for their actions

If they truly felt that way they shouldn't have done it in the first place. 30 bucks is 30 bucks, and hey, they chose to get their account banned on this server not us, why they hell should we feel sorry for them?

@_Haxington_ As far as the ecoonomy goes, their items are all destroyed usually before they get in circulation

So you think, but what about those who take longer to catch than others? The amount of normal players who I see get banned eventually is too high. I have known many long time players who have been caught and it is even more frustrating because they get away with it when the proof is there but I don't have the physical evidence. At times it has taken me several months to bust a single player who is hacking but I cannot actually catch them. You yourself may peacefully play along the server but the staff here also tries to enjoy playing too. Yes we did give up our freedom essentially when we started out as staff however is it not messed up to not have a moment to spare to ourselves?

TL;DR : I quit the day we pardon hackers, hackers ruin the economy, waste admin time, and we don't care about the cost of an alt account.

You have to realize all of the admins are adults and have many responsibilities to do besides run the server, and we are not able to be on all day every day spending each second watching people. Adding this to our many responsibilities is not worth it whatsoever, and will do more harm to the server than good. Yes we do have moderators who help us out quite a lot when we cannot be on however it is impossible to toss this all to them when it comes to catching hackers. We do have wonderful moderators who we choose to be able to catch people however at times we must approve of it first. It is incredibly easy to say "yes go ahead ban them its yours" however we have the weight of making sure it was the right choice, the moderators do not have as much experience as the admins. There are times when admins must review the evidence and come to a consensus before banning somebody for good. Aside from this spending more of our time on the server watching them, we see it as more harm done because they may ruin the economy heavily before we catch them. Any hack is as good grounds as another to be permanently banned, if you do one hack you do another. Once you start hacking you don't just particularly do that single one. And once you hack, you don't see the game the same way you did as before. Hacking will remain a permanent ban on CraftyMynes.

17. Edited 7 years ago by Grinning_Bobcat

@iclutchHD so wait Admins just monitor players as they play? I mean yeah makes sense but its weird to think about someone watching you as you play. I know this is off topic but just wondering

18. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

@iclutchHD Hacking will remain a permanent ban on CraftyMynes.

Very well

19. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

You have to realize all of the admins are adults and have many responsibilities to do besides run the server, and we are not able to be on all day every day spending each second watching people. Adding this to our many responsibilities is not worth it whatsoever, and will do more harm to the server than good. Yes we do have moderators who help us out quite a lot when we cannot be on however it is impossible to toss this all to them when it comes to catching hackers. We do have wonderful moderators who we choose to be able to catch people however at times we must approve of it first. It is incredibly easy to say "yes go ahead ban them its yours" however we have the weight of making sure it was the right choice, the moderators do not have as much experience as the admins. There are times when admins must review the evidence and come to a consensus before banning somebody for good. Aside from this spending more of our time on the server watching them, we see it as more harm done because they may ruin the economy heavily before we catch them. Any hack is as good grounds as another to be permanently banned, if you do one hack you do another. Once you start hacking you don't just particularly do that single one. And once you hack, you don't see the game the same way you did as before. Hacking will remain a permanent ban on CraftyMynes.

^ thats what clutch said i failed at the quote part lmao. anyway

This is all very true , its just my personal thoughts duping is by far the worse ever .

20. @Grinning_Bobcat @iclutchHD so wait Admins just monitor players as they play? I mean yeah makes sense but its weird to think about someone watching you as you play. I know this is off topic but just wondering

Admins aren't the only one's. Every mod 2 and up watch everyone

21. That would not be good
    As it says in the rules, we do not unban hackers
    They cheated, they deserve a permanent ban
    (Plus it's fun to see the bad attempts at making a ban appeal)
    One person wrote mrmooshroomcow32's ban apple

or Sign Up to reply!