1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@Blackened_Dawn I'd rather take my chances and just let them stay banned for good.
    We don't have time to vote on whether a cheater is telling the truth or not, everyone gets treated the same, and that's it. Once again, we tried this before, this did not work out in our favour.

It's not going to happen. As Dawn said, been there, done that, didn't work.

3. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

@_Confederacy_ They come back on Alts.

They use VPNs

How do you know, if they get far enough then they could trade with people and thus inflating the economy.

No.

Then they will use those to continue hacking, they could change their name and look like a new player. Who until attracts attention is a new player in the eyes of players and staff.

You bring up a good point with the economy

Players could be prohibited from trading with players on the watchlist. This can be achieved by removing their teleportation abilities (They would not be able to teleport home, teleport to spawn, etc)

Even without the two strike policy VPNs will be used, so that changes nothing

4. @Cellexya It's not going to happen. As Dawn said, been there, done that, didn't work.

It was just an idea

5. @_Haxington_ Players could be prohibited from trading with players on the watchlist.

And who babysit them to enforce this? I understand it's just an idea, but it really isn't feasible.

6. @Cellexya And who babysit them to enforce this? I understand it's just an idea, but it really isn't feasible.

I edited my post

7. By removing their teleportation abilities they can't go to spawn and trade (At least not easily)

8. I think even so, it's a lot of work for admins and Crafty to come up with command blocks, and adding their names to the list.

9. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

@Cellexya I think even so, it's a lot of work for admins and Crafty to come up with command blocks, and adding their names to the list.

True, I stated in my original post that it would indeed create more work for staff and I can understand if this is the reason the policy is not enacted

10. However from my experience many (not all) people online are stupid and never adhere to anything. (Trolls, the sterotypical 12-Year old, people who are actually stupid, etc. ) Therefore when they come crying on the forums because their stupidity got them excluded then they can be told that they don't get another chance because they had one and blew it.

So they should be punished and when they can't get back on they will learn that hacking has consequences here, and maybe they wil not hack anymore.

11. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

@_Confederacy_ However from my experience many (not all) people online are stupid and never adhere to anything. (Trolls, the sterotypical 12-Year old, people who are actually stupid, etc. ) Therefore when they come crying on the forums because their stupidity got them excluded then they can be told that they don't get another chance because they had one and blew it.

So they should be punished and when they can't get back on they will learn that hacking has consequences here, and maybe they wil not hack anymore.

And how will they come back after they learned the consequences if they do not have an alt?

As I said before, not everyone can afford to buy multiple Minecraft accounts

12. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

While i can't go into much details obviously it requires alot more than you think to catch alot of the people hacking some are good ...some are shit , some just make you wonder if its a human even playing its so obvious it takes extra pc resources ,guess im allowed to say that , if not im sure someone will edit or delete my post , secondly it takes up our time from actually playing the game ..now maybe just maybe imo i could see a second shot on fly hackers , jesus stuff like that , but pvp hacks ,xray , nah.... and i think dupers should get a perm ip ban no matter what or who , as its one of the most damaging things you can do to a server.i.e. complete economy screw

13. @_Haxington_ And how will they come back after they learned the consequences if they do not have an alt?

They don't.

14. @2Chill While i can't go into much details obviously it requires alot more than you think to catch alot of the people hacking some are good ...some are shit , some just make you wonder if its a human even playing its so obvious...it takes extra pc resources ,guess im allowed to say that , if not im sure someone will edit or delete my post , secondly it takes up our time from actually playing the game ..now maybe just maybe imo i could see a second shot on fly hackers , jesus stuff like that , but pvp hacks ,xray , nah.... and i think dupers should get a perm ip ban no matter what or who , as its one of the most damaging things you can do to a server.i.e. complete economy screw

I am intrigued by the link you posted but for some reason I cannot open it...

15. I understand how you feel hax regardless of this idea most likely not becoming realistic as everyone did their out most best to assure you (lol)
    I do feel bad for the ones who could be deemed worth of a second chance trust me
    but I also feel some parts of our server are better off showing tough love for a reason.
    it would be very unfairly to judge people based on favored behavior and rake out the ones worthyrather than teach everyone it's just not a gr8 idea all together.

16. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

i dont even know why its a link @ haxington lol / fixed to many . . .

17. @2Chill i dont even know why its a link @ haxington lol / fixed to many . . .

Oh, nevermind then lol

18. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

@2Chill While i can't go into much details obviously it requires alot more than you think to catch alot of the people hacking some are good ...some are shit , some just make you wonder if its a human even playing its so obvious it takes extra pc resources ,guess im allowed to say that , if not im sure someone will edit or delete my post , secondly it takes up our time from actually playing the game ..now maybe just maybe imo i could see a second shot on fly hackers , jesus stuff like that , but pvp hacks ,xray , nah.... and i think dupers should get a perm ip ban no matter what or who , as its one of the most damaging things you can do to a server.i.e. complete economy screw

You bring up another good point.

Maybe only certain types of hackers should be pardoned.

19. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Some hacks/cheats are easier to pull off than others, so any noob could use them. (Example: Glitches, Fly, X-Ray, No Shadows, etc) Maybe only those people should be unbanned while those with speed/pvp hacks should not

20. Edited 7 years ago by T0rsion

All hacks outta be banned, hacking is hacking, period.

If I called the shots around here I would have more severe punishments for chat offenses as well.

Being 14, nothing pisses me off more than someone claiming to be older than me who based on their form of speech (caps, wording, attitude displayed in their words) has the maturity of a 9 year old.

21. All youre protesting against is the discrimination against those without a bank card, i dont think this is as widespread a problem as you might think, alt second chances is a good system

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!