My quest is over.

1. 7 years ago

I'm picky about where I set up in Minecraft, always have been. When the 1.9 map went live I was determined to find a Mega Taiga to call my home. I loved the biome when I saw it for the very first time during my brief stay on the 1.8 map, and knew once a reset was announced that would be my goal... 60,000+ blocks of travel later I still hadn't found one... but I ran into a Mycelium Island surrounded by no less than 5 Ocean monuments within a 1000 block radius and I knew that it was meant to be. While it wasn't what I was looking for I knew it was Prime real estate that I'd be a fool to pass up, and I ended up loving every moment I spent on that island.

For the 1.11 map I thought I would do the same, I voted a few times, got some food, gathered some early essentials, and set out to find another Mushroom island. 2 weeks of searching later, my internet being down for half of that time because my ISP's customer service is crap, and nearly 90,000 blocks of overworld travel later, there was not a block of mycelium to be found... but then my boat ran upon an island shore the likes of which I'd never seen before... I stared above at the mountain that pierced the heavens, and the mysterious canyon that lay ahead of me, and I just knew.

This is home.

-image-

Two villages, an Ocean Monument, and a jungle one island over... Minecraft is mysterious, everytime I try to look for something specific I just get slapped in the face. MC keeps trying to tell me things and it takes me forever to listen. It wasn't what I was looking for at all but I just know this place is gonna be awesome.

2. Dude it looks like if Pride Rock from Lion king had an ocean view

3. don't you dare desecrate that beautiful mountain!

4. gonna hollow the crap out of it =P itll be gorgeous

5. you have a god damn good computer to run matteo rizzi's and sharders

6. My my, that place looks absolutely amazing :o

7. Wow dats kinda sick... Refreshing!

I think now you understand the meaning of this kinky:

“Instead of resisting to changes, surrender. Let life be with you, not against you. If you think ‘My life will be upside down’ don’t worry. How do you know down is not better than upside?” ^^

8. What about building AROUND the mountain? Maybe under a partial over hang?

9. dont mess with the sides, a ladder through the middle up to a lighthouse would be cool though

10. If i were you i woul build a little hut on top of da mountain,and as ardoasms said the way to it would be ladder.i think the view is good enough it dont need builds, its already a building.

or Sign Up to reply!