blackened dawn

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

It's okay to disagree with an administrator/moderator, but it's up to them to decide what gets closed and what stays open.

I've questioned the decisions of staff before -- in my head. It's best to keep it to yourself.

3. staff are not supposed to bring an intimidating or harassing figure over every suggestion.

Nothing wrong with having a voice as the community either we're kind of like product testers in a way
    but we're all still people no matter what in game rank we have (some people seem to let that get that to their head a little too much) , that's one of the aspects I respect Crafty he does a lot for the community even if we don't ask for it for fucks sake he spent hours perfecting a background image even though it wasn't that big of a deal. An Owner I'd def feel comfortable approaching if I had a personal problem whether it works out or not.

there's a reason why a suggestion thread was created don't get scared of being beat down for it.

4. Edited 7 years ago by gilbertboys

And so begins The Uprising

5. We as a community and our opinions help craftymynes we love the server just as much as staff do! and we should work together and communicate more like we have done in the past <3

6. @Pimpcy Some of those responses weren't even answered correctly I could go on forever debunking all that but I'm not going to stray away from topic it would be useless focusing on examples to the MAIN but those were added in there for support

Dark actually gives out a good plan and explains further unreasoning of the actions
    Also threads can still be deemed worthy age shouldn't matter if there's still potential to said thread and or the OP doesnt want said harmless thread locked for updates. Why waste your time on it?

It doesn't require heavy observation, deleting comments vs locking threads takes up little time between the other I think staff find more satisfaction just locking things here and there and not wanting to read a few messages. you guys are always on the forums it's not like it's rare to see a staff colored name?

What's unreasonable?
    We saw violations of the rules or something that really doesn't have a place on the forums and we locked it.
    Would you rather we delete it or start suspending members for things like this, I think both those would be far more likely to cause problems and be unreasonable than simply making them inaccessible.

Darks plan is based on no actual experience of how to moderate this server and is quite a bad idea, if we start suspending members for trivial things then this will quickly spill onto the server and cause issues.
    It's like Banning before kicking or warning.
    If a topic is chasing issues then simply deleting posts will likely not work either since someone else will likely take issue with it and cause problems.

It can take quite a while to trawl along some of the larger threads and like I said above, contrary to your belief we have no wish to moderate huge amounts of extra spam or not relevant posts.

7. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@Pimpcy staff are not supposed to bring an intimidating or harassing figure over every suggestion.

Nothing wrong with having a voice as the community either we're kind of like product testers in a way
    but we're all still people no matter what in game rank we have (some people seem to let that get that to their head a little too much) , that's one of the aspects I respect Crafty he does a lot for the community even if we don't ask for it for fucks sake he spent hours perfecting a background image even though it wasn't that big of a deal. An Owner I'd def feel comfortable approaching if I had a personal problem whether it works out or not.

there's a reason why a suggestion thread was created don't get scared of being beat down for it.

When have staff according to you intimidated or harassed people.

Discussions are perfectly allowed hence why this thread hasn't being deleted, that said you must respect a staff decision when they feel the topic is not going to add to Craftymynes or cause lots of issues and ask you to stop. If you have an issue with that decision complain to other staff then or the member themselves in private.
    If you find that intimidating or harassment then I think the issue would be with you not staff.

8. R4iscool1 it wasn't my intention to be snide towards you with my comment. my answer to you was meant to say "i know this can't happen that's why its called a petition" "make or present a formal request to (an authority) with respect to a particular cause". however i see now with my short answer it was conveyed as a snide remark. I appreciate you commenting and i apologize to you.

9. @Jericho_Tsunami R4iscool1 it wasn't my intention to be snide towards you with my comment. my answer to you was meant to say "i know this can't happen that's why its called a petition" "make or present a formal request to (an authority) with respect to a particular cause". however i see now with my short answer it was conveyed as a snide remark. I appreciate you commenting and i apologize to you.

It's fine, I'm not about to hold a grudge a simple forum message unlike some others.
    If you really want to know I actually made a very similar suggestion in 1.8 and it got turned down for similar reasons which I accept.

10. Edited 7 years ago by Pimpcy

@R4iscool1 What's unreasonable?
    We saw violations of the rules or something that really doesn't have a place on the forums and we locked it.

Look I'm just trying to get some consideration on how threads should be locked in no way was I pressing on for everyone to do more work when literally it barely requires much effort to rethink a decision for OTHERS. lets say my old art thread was alive again and it got out of hand from people , a staff member just comes up and "locks" it to deal with everyone. I'm left to re create an old thread and try reposting all my work since it got off topic and people got rowdy. This is merely an example no need to get over the head with purely on that thought however it relates on how things are dealt with.

@R4iscool1 Darks plan is based on no actual experience of how to moderate this server and is quite a bad idea

This topic isn't about putting players in their place like cattle dude it's about reconsidering the use of power Just because dark isn't a staff member it doesn't deem his opinion as false right then and there for all I know we could say you're a staff and your view is delusional as well for not being a full player makes no sense doesn't it? He didn't even mention banning right off the bat he described a step of warnings beforehand People have gotten warnings before on here right? Staff watch the threads plenty well.

@R4iscool1 When have staff according to you intimidated or harassed people.

Again you flew off the handle with this one, this was used to help understand suggestions aren't bad and you have nothing to fear. Whether you don't think it Players have came to me weary of making suggestions or rethinking decisions Staff make.

@R4iscool1 It's fine, I'm not about to hold a grudge a simple forum message unlike some others.

l m a o this is a discussion If we can freely express things as you said why are you calling our opinions grudges

11. LOL!

12. @Pimpcy Look I'm just trying to get some consideration on how threads should be locked in no way was I pressing on for everyone to do more work when literally it barely requires much effort to rethink a decision for OTHERS. lets say my old art thread was alive again and it got out of hand from people , a staff member just comes up and "locks" it to deal with everyone. I'm left to re create an old thread and try reposting all my work since it got off topic and people got rowdy. This is merely an example no need to get over the head with purely on that thought however it relates on how things are dealt with.

They way you think threads should be locked does not equate to the way that benefits Craftymynes most.
    It's easier and far more effective to lock down certain threads, than having to delete multiple posts and suspend multiple members, if we do this the forums would be essentially empty.
    It's not hard to repost your old work, it's only links I can even provide the exact text and links if you so desire, a minutes work at best. Much better than warning multiple players who usually behave.

@Pimpcy This topic isn't about putting players in their place like cattle dude it's about reconsidering the use of power Just because dark isn't a staff member it doesn't deem his opinion as false right then and there for all I know we could say you're a staff and your view is delusional as well for not being a full player makes no sense doesn't it? He didn't even mention banning right off the bat he described a step of warnings beforehand People have gotten warnings before on here right? Staff watch the threads plenty well.

Experience is key, staff have been handling the server for a long time and most of the forum moderation often goes unseen, we therefore have a better understanding of the requirements to keep Craftymynes and nice and friendly place than normal players, so no this isn't putting players in their place, it's pointing the large gap in experience between the two opinions which should be taken into account. Would you trust your doctors opinion over that of a randomer ? It's important to take into account this.
    That doesn't necessarily mean his opinion is wrong no but as pointed out, warning and suspending multiple players over issues causes even more disruption and bad blood than locking a single thread.
    Warnings are also hard to quantify and keep track of, arguing isn't necessarily against the rules so if we start giving warnings for doing so in threads that aren't appropriate without first having given prior warning in the thread it would be pretty unfair.

@Pimpcy Again you flew off the handle with this one, this was used to help understand suggestions aren't bad and you have nothing to fear. Whether you don't think it Players have came to me weary of making suggestions or rethinking decisions Staff make.

l m a o this is a discussion If we can freely express things as you said why are you calling our opinions grudges

How have I "Flew of the handle" I have explained precisely why what you are suggesting isn't the best idea and locking threads in many cases is more effective and a better solution, are staff not allowed to express their own opinion or question the logic behind others ? There's nothing to justify that statement.
    Everyone has the right to have their opinion expressed and considered however that does not mean that opinion is free from questioning. Players are free to make suggestions and everyone is free to debate the merits of them from staff to normal players, no one has infringed upon that right. What you are describing already exists.

When did I call your opinions grudges ? Why do you keep claiming I have said things despite not having done so ?

PS: This isn't even a suggestions thread.

13. * is eating popcorn and offers some to @raw0rz and @gilbertboys *

14. @GrinningBobcat Well this blew up. Stop arguing why either side has a point and find a consensus

Hasn't happened yet but it looks like it will. Can we get a big nice agreement and public response admitting the understanding between both side of the argument?

15. I accepted your popcorn sir.
    Go PIMP Go!

16. I think I'm with staff on this one. When you have 1500 members and over 4000 conversations logged, I can see this system of warnings, as mentioned by Dark, becoming ineffective when you have only 31 staff members to regulate all of that, some of which aren't even active. And that's not even including the time spent maintaining the server and dealing with any personal issues in their lives. While it may be a slight inconvenience for the original poster if their thread gets locked, it does only take a few minutes to set up a conversation.

With that said I also agree with Macy to an extent. The locking of threads have been a bit random, and I would think that some other older threads with relevance and potential would be allowed to persist. Not only that but there have been some threads locked out because they were considered necro, yet the posts were only about 2 months apart. I feel like it should be elaborated more on what is considered necro and on why threads are receiving the lock, instead of staff simply posting "locked"

17. @gilbertboys I accepted your popcorn sir.
    Go PIMP Go!

I have no sides.

*chants* hAP-Py mID-DLe hAP-Py mID-DLe hAP-Py mID-DLe.

18. @GrinningBobcat I have no sides.

*chants* hAP-Py mID-DLe hAP-Py mID-DLe hAP-Py mID-DLe.

Well don't get me wrong, I wish there was some middle ground too, though in the end, it is Crafty's forum, and staff simply enforce the peace and what Crafty want's.

19. Tbh, the forum is a bit of a mess. It's full of random convos that are quite pointless, it's not helped by the lack of good titles and duplicate postings. What should have happened is all posts past a date should be locked as to not allow bumping of old threads. Take this thread for example look at the title.

20. @CraftyMyner What should have happened is all posts past a date should be locked as to not allow bumping of old threads.

Is there a way to set that up?

21. @gilbertboys Go PIMP Go!

-image-

Nope, I'm done.
    I tried gl with the decision
    sorry guys

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!