Legends And Mysteries...

1. 7 years ago

Recently on the internet there has been a spike in the amount of Minecraft legends and sightings. Now I know that these are all fake, but they are still fun to listen to regardless.

So originally we had Herobrine (I'm sure all of you are familiar with that story), but recently more mysterious entities have been recorded.

We now have about 5 major "Minecraft Ghosts". Some of the more notable ones include:

Herobrine (Originated from a picture long ago)
    Entity 303 (Not sure where this one came from to be honest)
    Null (Originated from a sign glitch)
    Lick (Apparently it's some Brazillian Herobrine XD)
    Israphel (Not exactly a ghost but I felt like he should be in the list anyways :P)

I think it would be a cool idea to write some Minecraft books containing urban legends from the game. If you guys have any more strange ghosts or entities to add to the list, please do so.

Here is one that I have encountered lol:

I was on this other server one day and I had built a huge tower but someone had filled it with chickens. Then out of all of these chickens I spotted it... The legendary purple chicken! (Probably caused by a lighting glitch) Up to this day, no one has spotted the purple chicken again... Some say it is the guardian of all chickens, others say it is a ghost, and some say it's just a glitch who cares?!... What secrets does this illusive chicken hide? Who knows...

2. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Actually now that I think about it, the purple chicken I saw was exactly like the one in the April fools update... Weird. (It was not April fools though)

3. This is from the April fools update:
    -image-

4. I noticed that recently there are far more creepy noises in minecraft than usual. At least once a day, I'll here something that should be in a horror movie, like when they pan the screen around, right before the camera settles on a person standing nearby, now with something behind them, preferably a ghost. Usually, I'd only here creepy noises if I was in a cave, but those were just called cave noises on subtitles. This sound has become far more common, at least to me. The first time I heard it was at night. I was alone in the woods, digging a hole, and then this sound just came out of nowhere. Never heard it before, not once. It sounded like something was coming to get me. I tp'd out of there so fast, then just logged off until the next irl day. Freaked me out so badly, I had to stop playing for the night.

5. @Dennari43 I noticed that recently there are far more creepy noises in minecraft than usual. At least once a day, I'll here something that should be in a horror movie, like when they pan the screen around, right before the camera settles on a person standing nearby, now with something behind them, preferably a ghost. Usually, I'd only here creepy noises if I was in a cave, but those were just called cave noises on subtitles. This sound has become far more common, at least to me. The first time I heard it was at night. I was alone in the woods, digging a hole, and then this sound just came out of nowhere. Never heard it before, not once. It sounded like something was coming to get me. I tp'd out of there so fast, then just logged off until the next irl day. Freaked me out so badly, I had to stop playing for the night.

Spooky :o
    Was it like a clanging sound? They added some new ambient noises recently.

6. I will just keep adding these to the list then:

Herobrine
    Entity 303
    Null
    Lick
    Israphel
    (Should I just remove this one?)
    Purple Chicken
    Unidentified forest noise

7. There are 2 noises i think. One is like a robot-ish sound. The other, I can't explain it. Just sounds like I'm being hunted down by something. For a moment I thought that maybe there was a new mob added that stalked players, but was extremely rare and unheard of. Mojang has no idea how easily minecraft could be turned into a horror game.

8. Yeah the cave sounds do seem quite random compared to all the other features in the game. They just added them to spook players basically.

9. Was it one of these ones?

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ambience

10. Entity 303 is supposed to be an creature like Herobrine (a ghost in the machine) except he originally used to be an employee of Notch who was an expert hacker. the original story involved Herobrine warning of the coming of Entity 303.

11. @thegoldsmith Entity 303 is supposed to be an creature like Herobrine (a ghost in the machine) except he originally used to be an employee of Notch who was an expert hacker. the original story involved Herobrine warning of the coming of Entity 303.

Ah cool, thanks

12. So @thegoldsmith ... Any mysterious encounters in your Minecraft experience? :D

13. it gives a good idea of how powerful/evil it would be doesn't it?

14. Deleted 7 years ago by thegoldsmith
  15. @_Haxington_ Was it one of these ones?

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ambience

I swear number 5 came straight out of Lost on that list XD
    What kind of monster would add so many horrible sounds? 0_0
    And number 14 was the robot one btw.

16. @Dennari43 http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ambience

I swear number 5 came straight out of Lost on that list XD
    What kind of monster would add so many horrible sounds? 0_0
    And number 14 was the robot one btw.

When you put number 14 in a spectrogram it shows a creeper face :P

17. Edited 7 years ago by Mayorga

@_Haxington_ -image-

Is that TheLegend27 ?!?!

18. Some say TheLegend27 was the first ever chicken in Minecraft

19. Born from eggs...

20. Edited 7 years ago by GrinningBobcat

I ignore the noises but I do notice that. I don't care as long as they don't attack me in game. And if there is a sound for it they have a sound file, subtitles don't register it which is was irks me the most. Then again I occasionally see subtitles say "Rolling Minecart* despite knowing myself that there is a low likelihood of there being minecarts in motion.

most of the sounds can be heard here and one of them sounds like Toothless shooting fire or gliding down fast from How to train your Dragon lol dont remember. but some happen above ground, can anyone find a video playing those sound files?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!