Fish Farming - possible?

1. 7 years ago

Hi Guys,

I am new to fish farms and have tried a few 1.11.2 friendly designs but none of them work - the fishing rod does not wiggle with the bob in the water - it just keeps re-casting. I have used fence post and noteblock designs but to no avail. The designs I have used have claimed to be "server friendly" which I take to mean "lag tolerant". I do wonder though if they are only tolerant to a little bit of lag. Any one got any suggestions?

2. use note blcoks

3. Deleted 7 years ago by ShapedSundew9
  4. @ShapedSundew9 Hi Guys,

I am new to fish farms and have tried a few 1.11.2 friendly designs but none of them work - the fishing rod does not wiggle with the bob in the water - it just keeps re-casting. I have used fence post and noteblock designs but to no avail. The designs I have used have claimed to be "server friendly" which I take to mean "lag tolerant". I do wonder though if they are only tolerant to a little bit of lag. Any one got any suggestions?

Use the tripwire/trapdoor method

5. Use xisumavoid's latest fishing trap, used it and I can confirm it works %100

6. Edited 7 years ago by ShapedSundew9

@Andureil that is one that i tried - link . I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me i cannot figure out what. Near the beginning of this video he shows you what changed in 1.11 to break older designs. I tried that test on the fence post and my rod always cast it never wiggled. Any ideas what i am doing wrong? It is likely something so obvious no one has thought to mention it.

7. Don't worry, it's not you and it's not really obvious. The one in that video only worked in a couple of snapshots and it's not mentioned anywhere. Xisuma's fix is here . I'd go with the noteblock designs using doors/trapdoors though, much quieter (ironically) and generally smaller.
    Any design that has a clock running should work on SMP, designs that don't will fail because of lag.

8. Of course it's possible. I'm AFK farming right now lol. Listening to music and laying on my bed on the phone. :D I do it like on two hour period and I get some nice stuff. :)

9. wait... Saltyflubberfish farming??? I call aboose!

10. Thx NutJobBob...going to try that.

11. Works like a dream.
    Thanks for all the help guys.

12. -image-

13. @ScudderN -image-

Elder Gaurdian in a fish bowl.

or Sign Up to reply!