Snow Golem Eggs

1. 7 years ago

Has anyone spawned their snow golem egg? Did it work and if so did it produce snow? The reason I ask is that I have tried this on my local game and while I can get other eggs to spawn the snow golem wont do so. It also seems they are not in the creative inventory.

Before you ask, doMobSpawning was true and difficulty set to hard and I was in a snowy area with a crafted snowman happily wandering around.

2. I saw one work a few months ago. Crafty obviously did some trickery to the egg to allow it to bypass mobgriefing being off, but I'm unsure why you can't get an egg to work at all

3. Hey Tez, the snow golem eggs are not a creative inventory thing; its a custom egg made by Crafty, designed to spawn snow as it moves since the server does not have mobGrief set to true.

4. So if I use it on CM a snow golem will appear and give snow? Presumably with the normal biome and block that it is on constraints.

@cepheid it appears if you just give yourself a basic one they will work to set a spawner but not spawn - I found this in the wiki.

I guess Crafty must have set some NBT tags to make this work on CM.

5. Nope, it's actually a polar bear egg that once spawned it kills the polar bear and summons a regular snow golem with a custom name. There is then command blocks that selectively place snow below all golems that have that name.

6. ^ Genius

7. *scrambles for the name of the golems*

8. @TacoJesus *scrambles for the name of the golems*

You can't create them by naming them.

9. Thanks for the explanation @CraftyMyner. I had just figured it out or at least a way of doing it when I saw your post. That means it will work in any biome then?

10. @Tez1010 Thanks for the explanation @CraftyMyner. I had just figured it out or at least a way of doing it when I saw your post. That means it will work in any biome then?

Yup!

11. :) Thanks

12. @CraftyMyner Nope, it's actually a polar bear egg that once spawned it kills the polar bear and summons a regular snow golem with a custom name. There is then command blocks that selectively place snow below all golems that have that name.

well that explains what happened to my snow golem, i named him and now hes all gone, :(
    \

or Sign Up to reply!