The Word "BK Randy" Banned?

1. 8 years ago

tsu

15 Mar 2016 Suspended

WHAT?! Most of you may know that I love to use the phrase "BK Randy" as a funny insult. Incase you didn't know BK Randy means Bad Kid Random. Bad Kid= You're bad at the game. Random= Nobody knows you and you have no friends. This phrase was originated in competitive COD, it basically means that you are a noob. I was told by rnc that it is not appropriate for public chat today because of the definition of Randy he found on Urban Dictionary. That definition has NOTHING to do with the term "BK Randy". I've looked over multiple sources and the universal definition of the term BK Randy is bad kid random.
    Links that prove BK Randy= Bad Kid Random:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BK+Randy
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/2356729/0/0/0/0
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Randy+BK
    RNC banned the use of "BK Randy" because of this definition of Randy (which is taken OUT OF CONTEXT):
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Randy
    Google's Definition:
    BK Randy means this Bad Kid Random Meaning, Your not good at the game(In an "MLG" players point of view) and your a random person matched up with the "MLG" Player.

2. Sadly Randy can be taken out of context. Just because you use BK Randy, not every player knows this and will take it within the sexual way. So while you mean it one way, it can be taken as another more sexual way and that is why Rnc said not to say it in chat, which he said multiple times as you didnt listen the first time

3. tsu

15 Mar 2016 Suspended

I have NEVER heard of that version of randy and I have been using "BK Randy" for a long time over COD and MC. You didn't even know that definition of Randy until you looked at my link. This is more for admins to reply not helpers thank you. BK Randy= Bad Kid Random. Unless you do extensive research you will not find the bad version of Randy. Randy is short for Random.

4. I used this term a lot when I played Xbox 360 Halo 3.

5. We don't really need another way to insult each other. That said, I always assumed you meant random when you said "randy".

@tsu Sucks some randy's got it

Also, where's the "bk" part when you call my wife and I out for getting the egg after months of preparation?

It wouldn't really hurt to be a little more polite.

6. tsu

15 Mar 2016 Suspended

Randy DOES mean random although rnc did extensive research to find a negative definition JUST to get it banned.
    @pand1024

7. I've never seen you use the phrase in front of me or if I have, I've missed it, as I would have done exactly the same thing Richard has done. In the world of shortend words this generation seems so fond of guess which word stands out, randy. Now before today I've never heard of bk randy or what ever it is. Nor do I particularly care for its use.

Randy DOES mean random although rnc did extensive research to find a negative definition JUST to get it banned.

No extensive research is required as the word ment horny many years before your generation decided it was random.

I have NEVER heard of that version of randy and I have been using "BK Randy" for a long time over COD and MC. You didn't even know that definition of Randy until you looked at my link. This is more for admins to reply not helpers thank you. BK Randy= Bad Kid Random. Unless you do extensive research you will not find the bad version of Randy. Randy is short for Random.

Please see above comment.

This all boils down to a simple fact here you have been told to stop by a staff member. In his place I would have told you to stop as well.

Nysic

8. This is more for admins to reply not helpers thank you.

Helpers have more authority on the server than someone whose ego is so inflated along with the rest of his team members on a Minecraft server.

Not everyone knows what a BK Randy is, and if someone doesn't like being called that way, this little rule over here;

"Be respectful to other players - Don’t use extremely derogatory terms or epithets. Don’t insult or personally attack others in excess. If someone asks you to stop, then stop. Don’t cross the line or continue after you’ve been asked you to stop. "

is applicable, and so is this little rule over here;
    "Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place."

9. Deleted 8 years ago by Nysic
  10. Nysic, what exactly were wrong with the words I stated?

11. More to the point what isn't wrong with them, make a sentence like that again and you won't be posting on the forums anymore.

12. All I was stating in that sentence was that you were nitpicking bk randy because it was "from [our] generation" but the 2 words I had used as examples were also from the generation you were trying to use the definition of randy from. English is a living language, the meanings of words change and some are faded away to newer terms. Tweeting used to be what a bird did, but now it's a social media term.

13. The words you have used one of them is a homophobic slur that has existed for many years and weren't changed in definition by the generation in question just used more frequently by it.

Those words are also banned from use on the server and forums. The original post has come to a conclusion and this thread will now be locked.

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!