1. 6 years ago

Hi

I have a gold farm and pig men do not spawn.
    Please could someone give me a fix.
    Thanks

2. What kind of design in it and we're is it located? I should mention that if it is an overworld gold farm that used portals, such farms are not allowed on the server.

3. Its in the nether

4. Sometimes nether spawns can be unreliable, at least that's the case for my wither farm. it will help if you take efforts to minimize spawns outside of the farm, e.g. slabbing the surrounding area and all hidden caves

5. So should i light up the nether

6. not all nether mobs are affected by light - best to slab as WBlaine says

7. Ok thanks

So how would i slab because does that mean that i have to slab every single block.

Like for how far would i have to slab.

8. Gold farms are notoriously unsuccesful since 1.11. (I think it was that update.) The server render distance is 5 chunks and i believe that counts the one you are in so an 11 by 11 chunk area is the spawning area for mobs centred on the player.

9. Deleted 6 years ago by ShadowHunter7_
  10. @ShadowHunter7_ Ok thanks

So how would i slab because does that mean that i have to slab every single block.

Like for how far would i have to slab.

i made mine on N roof, didnt work and tez is proof it worked on last server. i made mine to exact dimentions, een he same block choice.

11. As Forgotten says same design. Early version tons of pigmen. New map and mc update no pigmen.

12. Ok thanks

13. Whats the next best way of getting xp.

14. And is it possible that the problem of yhe spawn rates could be fixed by CraftyMyner

15. @ShadowHunter7_ Whats the next best way of getting xp.

Enderman farm is nice, but will run slowly when other people are in the end.
    I personally prefer a blaze farm using 2 spawners, which is more reliable, only slows down when the server is lagging, and gives you blaze rods which I think are more useful than ender pearls.
    Mining nether quartz is also good.

@ShadowHunter7_ And is it possible that the problem of yhe spawn rates could be fixed by CraftyMyner

Not really, anything he could do to increase the spawn rates would cause the server to lag a lot more, and nobody wants that.

16. Is there a tutorial on how to do make a grinder with two blaze spawners

17. If you want to find out good and reliable ways of making an xp farm or such, then if I were you I'd already be youtubin' away at my keyboard rather than asking Server Members. Your choice, just saying it would be faster.

18. Ok thanks

19. hi

I've been researching the fix for gold farms and i found that the server render distance must be set to more than 10 or 9 for pigmen to spawn

20. @ShadowHunter7_ hi

I've been researching the fix for gold farms and i found that the server render distance must be set to more than 10 or 9 for pigmen to spawn

did it work?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!