Admin use of world edit on player bases

1. 6 years ago

Hey Mods/Owner,

I recently started on this server. I love to build things that get griefed and I love to rebuild them. I build a giant base around spawn, about 500 blocks out. I build close to spawn to increase the number of griefers. I build my bases not for production of goods, but for shear size and ungriefability. I started building a sky base about 30 blocks in the air, grew grass up there and started expanding out, got to about 100x100 dirt blocks before it was removed. I had a tower and some farm land as well in case the person who removed it remembers. I try to build things that would take long to destroy, but quick to rebuild, but I guess this isn't plausible here since admins use world edit to remove my stuff. Let me know how you guys feel about this scenario

Tim

2. Its clearly stated anything withing a 1000 blocks of spawn will be removed. Move farther out.

3. We don't use world edit because we don't have it installed. Using world edit would actually just crash the bad vanilla jar.

However yes staff do remove bases within 1000 blocks of spawn and try to regenerate trees and various structures, this prevents players leaving spawn and seeing massive holes and ruined areas.
    We would appreciate if you would not add to that workload as well even in creative it can take a long while to repair and remove damage.

By all means build your stuff 1.5k out and advertise it to attract griefers but please don't make us more work.
    You could always try maintain the road if you want, that's a challenge since it's always griefed partially.

4. I hate to break the news to you, but 100x100 isn't that large on this server, most "Large" bases are 500x500. Even those can easily be griefed by some of the local raider/griefers.

If you want to live near spawn and have constant griefers, then do as r4 said and build a few hundred blocks past the 1k clean area around spawn.

There are many signs surrounding spawn warning that we clean within 1k. There's also the random teleporters in spawn. A large percentage of the warps bring you within a few hundred blocks of an old build.

You could also post coords in chat. Players travel tens of thousands of blocks to raid random coords. If it's near spawn, even outside of the clean area, many players will travel there, even out of pure curiosity.

-----

I might not understand your desire to see your builds griefed, but i do share your enjoyment of building. Creating something from nothing/debris can give a great feeling of accomplishment/satisfaction. I enjoy seeing the amazing things players can manage to make on this server, but there's a place for builds, and that's not within 1k of spawn.

I'm sorry to see a builder with your mindset not enjoy the server, and i wish you return to the server, just a few more hundred blocks farther away from spawn ^_^

5. My new base will have 9 sky platforms 255x255 each over an area 1001x1001

or Sign Up to reply!