1. 5 years ago

In several occasions i had to msg someone and then couldnt due to a player being offline.
    Im sure everyone would find this usefull to implement some kind of email system where players could leave a msg to an offline player. like /msg [name] [msg] and then when that player comes online he can read it with /msg read [name] .
    to make access to the names u can also implement a friend system where players can befriend each other.
    I know u can msg players on the forum but i think it would make this easier. Plus non of this would affect vanilla gameplay style that u strive to.

2. -1 from me, I don't like the idea of an additional in-game command just in order to deliver a feature that is already implemented somewhere else

3. leave signs, send messages through the CraftyMynes forums, use discord. these options are all a safe way if you don't want to give your your email address/personal contact info

i recommend discord

4. it's not about affecting the vanilla aspect, it's about keeping the server purely vanilla in terms of server jar, I don't believe this is possible without using plugins, which would move us to semi vanilla.

5. @galaxyidol leave signs, send messages through the CraftyMynes forums, use discord. these options are all a safe way if you don't want to give your your email address/personal contact info

i recommend discord

what if person does not want to use discord? Not every member of the server has it. Forums... yeah ok u can use that but then u must open additional application and then jump from one to another.

@Blackened_Dawn it's not about affecting the vanilla aspect, it's about keeping the server purely vanilla in terms of server jar, I don't believe this is possible without using plugins, which would move us to semi vanilla.

Im a bit confused. What do u mean keeping jar vanilla? u already have voting pluggin therefore its already not pure vanilla in terms of keeping jar file pure. one more pluggin that doesnt affect gameplay cant hurt.

Note this is just my oppinion. Its up to u guys will u accept the suggestion or not. =)

6. I`m for that but its up to other people not me

7. @fenixgalax what if person does not want to use discord? Not every member of the server has it. Forums... yeah ok u can use that but then u must open additional application and then jump from one to another.

Im a bit confused. What do u mean keeping jar vanilla? u already have voting pluggin therefore its already not pure vanilla in terms of keeping jar file pure. one more pluggin that doesnt affect gameplay cant hurt.

Note this is just my oppinion. Its up to u guys will u accept the suggestion or not. =)

I made a custom panel that handles voting, there are no plugins and the jar is vanilla from mojang. I am not able to intercept such messages and therefore would be forced to use “.commands”. You are best off using email/Skype/discord/forums/signs. The forum will send emails about private messages, Skype and discord are good messaging platforms, and signs will be seen when they log on.

8. well i agree that other apps are good for this type of messages. But i m sure allot people would like to be able to send mail without having to jump from one app to another. and as for the signs.... u must get to that person where he is to be able to read the sign. Maybe to place some kind of the post office where players could leave messages in the mailbox.
    If u want i can even build that system and send u the nbt of the structure. OFC i would need a bit time .

and idk but is expanding ur code for cp possible?

9. Not sure, but I have a feeling it would be difficult to ensure that only the intended person can open said mailbox/receive said letter/item. Building a post office would be a difficult task for me, but making it different, security-wise, then using one of the community chests in the warp rooms already made prove problematic.

10. Edited 5 years ago by fenixgalax

making system work is not the main problem. design is. cos id need to have box for every mmbr there is
    Maybe if i use scoreboards to compress it all to use just one chest and lots of commands in a function but not sure if Crafty would want to implement it

11. My concern with this idea is a potential increase in lag from the use of extra command blocks.

12. thats the problem yes. Even tho functions would reduce space needed number of commands executed would stay same.

13. As I said, basically impossible/impractical to do, I have many more things on my plate. If I find a way to parse messages better, I may add it in the future. Also, this is the first time in about 5 years I have ever heard anyone mention this, so I can't imagine the demand to be too great.

14. the bother of going to another app to send a message is too small to require the need of anything to be done imo, certainly not a giant post office

15. i c. Well ill hope for the brighter future then =P

16. I might be a bit late to the party, but I'd love to see this!

or Sign Up to reply!