@Jkeller4000 I say leave it vanillia.

I love minecraft comes out with an update. then in an hour crafty mynes updates!

with plugins, we would have to wait months for the plugins to update. and often times the plugins do not update.

@Aeristacho I have just looked into the update release dates of previous versions and at least spigot usually comes out within the same week. I have gone through a handful of forums and found a few talking about also being just survival with a couple admin plugins being used. I could still be wrong but this "Update takes forever" argument just does not seem to be valid? Feel free to prove this wrong <<<
Perhaps we can wait and see for the 1.14.3 version and see if that fixes it. If it still continues maybe then we could raise the issue again and explore possible resolutions?

This used to be the case, however, with snapshots and the way that spigot is just patching the mojang jar and not re-writing large parts of it, updates are much faster. PaperSpigot is likely what we would be using. Minecraft 1.14 came out April 23 and paperspigot came out May 7th, so about 2 weeks where we would not have the newest version until they update. The slow down with plugin servers is when they run 100's of plugins and not every plugin dev updates their plugins, as a semi-vanilla server we would be running no plugins or maybe just a few anti lag type plugins. The time to update would be much quicker, just at the mercy of paperspigot. One other thing is that paperspigot updates 1-2 times a week, so it would be quite the task to vet each version and update.

I think the main thing this comes down to is how people feel about, how much they want and, whether they can support the staff and I through the upgrade process as it would be a hell of a lot of work both technically and administratively (we could likely support more players)

It would be a ton of time and effort for me of which I just don't have the time, I would want to be sure this is the right decision and what the players wanted before proceeding.

Polls have in the past not been a great representation of what players want as the % of players on the forum is quite low to the players on the server. I would be likely making a poll that operates on the server.

Thoughts?