Are chunk renderings exploits?

1. 3 years ago

-image-

I found this while flying around after several minutes in .wild with an elytra. If I were to dig down to that stronghold that I can clearly see would I be banned for x-ray? And if so, how strong would the argument be that it is a chunk error? Chunk loading isn't a forced exploit, and while it can see through chunks and underground, If I were to see a base underground while flying because of a chunk load, do I just forget that its there? I can't exactly forget that I saw it, nor close my eyes while flying around so I don't accidentally see something. I feel like this is a problem that needs to be better addressed, seeing as how it can be used as an excuse for actual xrayers, or can get innocent people who had their eyes open while flying around banned. Any input or information regarding the matter would be helpful and just any thoughts from the community as a whole on it.

2. There needs to be more than one instance of evidence of x-ray to get banned, or atleast i hope its this way.

XD dunno if you actually tried this... But its hard to trace where exactly you saw the underground object from the lag, after chunks load. I mean unless you actually use x-ray afterwards which will mean you're dumb for using hacks and will be eventually caught.

Back on topic, staff will clear this concern of yours. :)

-MittensTheSevent

3. Edited 3 years ago by ryanandrew123

Yea i saw that it was pretty hard, but i went to another angle and got another screenshot of it and it wasn't too difficult to dig down to it

4. Knafeh

26 Apr 2020 Suspended

And also it makes it scary while flying in the end

5. purposely trying to make it happen would be bannable, but basically if it happens, it happens.

6. @PapaNeon purposely trying to make it happen would be bannable, but basically, if it happens, it happens.

That's pretty vague.....I enjoy looking for bases out in the wild, and this is kind of unavoidable. Some of the advice I've been given has been to not travel in circles and such, but this problem is still prevalent even while traveling in a straight line. Exhibit A: -image- If you could better define "purposefully" that would be great. I do go out into the wild to purposefully look for bases, but above ground.

7. Edited 3 years ago by MamaNeon

I asked an admin regarding this back in 1.9. Basically don't fly around trying to make this happen. That's exactly what purposely means. This happens all the time with mineshafts. As long as you're not purposely flying around in a way to get a better look or to make it happen, you're fine. If it does happen, oh well, but don't try to make the chunks render incorrectly.

8. @MamaNeon I asked an admin regarding this back in 1.9. Basically don't fly around trying to make this happen. That's exactly what purposely means. This happens all the time with mineshafts. As long as you're not purposely flying around in a way to get a better look or to make it happen, you're fine. If it does happen, oh well, but don't try to make the chunks render incorrectly.

I think i understand it a bit better now. Thank you

9. And for people worried about having their base found through this bug, then build it as close to bedrock as possible, as far as i've been able to tell, the chunks don't often show that far down.

or Sign Up to reply!