Combokirk Ban Appeal

1. 3 years ago

IGN: Combokirk

Reason for Ban: Breaking rules after staff warnings

Why I should be unbanned:

CM is a place I've learned to call my second home, a community that brings joy, excitement, and help get's me through the day sometimes. To be honest, I don't play for Minecraft, I play for the people, who I've gotten to know very well and created strong friendships. I've been quite lonely this year as many of us during Covid, and being an extrovert it's been difficult. CM changed that. Last week it was my 18th birthday and I received so much love from the entire CM community and decided I wanted to give back.

Being a Christian myself, I have a lot of my items named after biblical verses to uplift me and give me encouraging reminders throughout the day and when I decided to give away my gear to the community who's given so much to me, I didn't think that would be a problem. A mod very respectfully asked me to stop putting the stuff at spawn chests which I did and instead thought it would be nice to personally give my loot packages to others to share the love I've received. Being so grateful to this community, my only intentions were to give back the love I was given as Christ has taught me. I hope you can see I only had good intentions, and am surprised by this outcome.

Now that I've given everything away, this won't be a re-occurring problem in the future. I've never been banned or even thought it would happen but now that I have a better awareness of the rules, I will find a better way to share encouragement, hope, and love with my fellow players.

Thanks again staff for your time, and for helping lead one of the best communities I've been a part of.

I really appreciate all of you, thanks for everything :)

Kirk

2. Edited 3 years ago by DonCake

Greetings, Combokirk,

I am the mod who banned you for breaking server rules.

Let me quote these rules to put into context:

"Practice good chat etiquette
    Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat."

"No inappropriate Names/Skins
    This includes your name, item name, name tags, nude skins, body part skins, subjective skins, etc. If asked by staff to change something you have/use because of this, please do so!"

To clarify, named items also follow chat principles.

The next day after the conversation, I saw you placing two more items with religious references in different chests at spawn again and on a few locations you roamed. I warned you once again not to do so and to change the items names and you did not follow the request. You were warned a few times, and even told specifically that it's against the server's rules, so I expected you to have a grasp on how the rules worked at this point.

I understand you have your own religious viewpoints. But take into consideration other people have their own ideals as well. We enforce these rules to prevent disputes and debates from happening in the server among players, so, for future reference, please refrain from mentioning religious topics and naming items of similar nature.

With that said, for ignoring staff requests after repeated warnings, and since this is your first offense, you will be pardoned in 3 days from this reply.

I expect you to change your remaining items names when you return.

~Don

or Sign Up to reply!